cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing videos (e.g., YouTube videos) during a zoom meeting

Senior_Planet
Listener

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Recently, as a Meeting Host,  I have been unable to share and 'play' a video (like a YouTube or Vimeo video) during a Zoom meeting. I can cue it up before I start the meeting and start the video with no problem. But as soon as I start my meeting, when I share and try to play - it won't play.

Here are add'l datapoints:

• When sharing - I check both "Share sound" and " Optimize for video clip"
  • I'm using a Windows PC (Windows 10 Enterprise)
  • Running on Version 5.11.1
  • Meetings have had less than 20 attendees
  • Network Speedtest shows: 
    • download speed: 283 mbps
    • upload speed: 18 mbps
    • latency: 12 ms
19 REPLIES 19

Pann
Listener

that does not help me

I have the same problem.  I would like to have the You tube videos  available on the screen share before the meeting stars.  But I have to open a tab in the Browser, click on the bookmarked video which starts a video with sound, then get back to the screen and click share, etc.  How should I stop delete the video?  Stop sharing and then delete it with the X  OR stop it and the stop sharing??  

Ruth Colorado

ChrisGott
Listener

Why is so difficult to get technical help with zoom

I am having the same problem when sharing a video from Youtube on zoom. The sound disappears and sometimes plays a bit  very choppy

Moana333
Listener

I have trouble playing YouTube videos for the past couple of weeks. Students say they cannot hear and keeps breaking up yet I had no problem playing YouTube videos for the past 3 years. Desperately need an answer as fast as possible. Thank you.

Yes, I'm with you. It makes me look very unprofessional. Most of my presentations are built on sharing multimedia and there is no problem when playing YouTube without sharing screen and on Zoom. I have every update there can be for every driver and software and browser. Everything is defragmented, running fast, internet normal. I have no answers. So embarrassing and time-consuming, yet I can't fix it.

Same problem here.  Happened yesterday for the first time.   Another person with whom I share hosting had the same problem on 4/29 and 4/22.  Prior to that we've had no such problem in our weekly meeting.  Zoom has changed something and are not helping.

Got an answer from the Zoom support team and followed instructions and will find out later on today if it works during my zoom meetings. See below:

For initial troubleshooting, you may check these steps;

1. Open Zoom Desktop Client and then go to Settings
  2. Click the Share Screen tab.
  3. Under Share Applications, select "Share all windows from an Application"
  4. Click Advanced
  5. Turn off "Share Selected App Window Only”

Also, you may also update your Zoom application if you are not on the most updated version;

1. Sign in to Zoom desktop client(application).
  2. Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates.
    If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it.

There is no Check in mine for Updates. Apparently another bug I’ve seen postings about.  But I think I’m good.  

My client doesn’t have those options under screen sharing.  

on which platform are you operating?  And are you using the free version of zoom or zoom pro or what?  I’m on Windows 10 and have zoom pro

I am using a Mac and zoom pro. Look in your Zoom setting and go to the share screen option and follow the instructions. Check your computer for updates. I'll find out later on today if it works during my zoom meetings.

Got an answer from the Zoom support team and followed instructions and will find out later on today if it works during my zoom meetings. See below:

4. Click Advanced

Also, you may also update your Zoom application if you are not on the most updated version;

Moana333
Listener

Yes and I am not able to contact the zoom support team or submit a ticket? I have been having trouble playing YouTube videos on my zoom for the past couple of months now, yet I never had this problem before. I teach French online and often use youtube videos as part of my tutorial. The students say they cannot hear when I play a video and the sound keeps breaking up and I urgently need this problem to be resolved as soon as possible! 

I’m pretty sure I found a solution. I uninstalled zoom and re-download it and installed it. I tested it by starting up a Zoom on my laptop and shared a YouTube video to share.  Got on my iPad and joined the meeting and I was hearing and seeing the YouTube video. And I was able to join the meeting with my iPhone and also saw the video and heard it. I am waiting to hear back from a friend so I can test it with him. But I think it works. 

Hi. Thanks. That's one of the first things I did but to no avail. All my cookies were cleaned, and every setting, program, server, device, browser, and software was updated. But I'm glad the solution worked for you. 

When I was searching for a means of uninstalling and updating zoom, I found a number of different methods to do that. The one I found that worked was running a program called “clean zoom”. Did you run that? Do a Google search on it

HI. Thank you. But did you try it, and it worked?

Yes

Moana333
Listener

Okay I'll try that, thanks for your reply.

Let us know if it works

Moana333
Listener

4. Click Advanced