cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing screen on an ipad

barb969
Listener

During a zoom meeting if I click the green share button “screen” is not in the menu. So how can I share my screen. I can’t use the web url choice because my calculator app doesn’t have a url. I used to be able to share the calc last semester.

Would an ipad user start a zoom meeting and see if “screen” is a choice on the green share button menu and let me know?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @barb969 ,

Sharing the home screen on an iPad is available for iOS11 and greater.  To do this we leverage the "Screen Recording" capability native in iOS.  Please review the following support document for more details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005890803-iOS-screen-sharing

If you used to be able to share your home screen on the ipad an now cannot; most likely either screen recording has been disabled on your device or possible the host of the meting you are in has prevent sharing screen.  This is a setting that can be controlled in their account settings int he Zoom Portal and would affect all participants for meetings they host.

I would start by reviewing the support link and then after checking settings on your device start a meeting and try to share screenIf this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!.

View solution in original post

Dan_ZoomSE

It works as expected on my iPad Pro (iOS 15.1) running Zoom Mobile Application (version 5.9.3).

The ability to share screen is controlled by a Meetings Setting in your Zoom Portal.  If you are not seeing the Screen option when you click the Green Share Content Button, then I would advise you to check your meeting settings in the Zoom portal.  Specifically this one:

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.42.18 PM.png

I just did a test turning this setting off in my Zoom Portal and when I tap the Share Content button on my iPad the Screen option is removed.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

jeremyjustin

Hi @barb969 thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! You can share the screen of your iPad into a Zoom meeting when you are using the Zoom app on your iPad. This support article walks through the steps and should help a lot! 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005890803-iOS-Screen-Sharing

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

This has just happened recently. I need someone to actually try to use the green share button  to share their screen and see if “screen” is in the menu.

in the link as you go down the page the is a picture of a lady, under this it says to tap screen on the menu. There is no screen on my menu. This is a recent change.

jeremyjustin

Hi @barb969 no problem, I will test this right now. Can you do me a quick favor and make sure your Zoom app is updated in the Apple App Store? That way we will be on the same version. 

jeremyjustin

Hi @barb969 I went ahead and updated my iPad Zoom app the 5.9.3, the latest in the App store. I started a meeting and did see the option to share and select share screen. I even tapped on "Screen" just to make sure it worked, then I was able to see that Screen Broadcast was about to start...I tapped "Start Broadcast" and started sending my screen into the Zoom meeting.

Apologies for the dusty images 🙂

jeremyjustin_0-1643408569224.jpeg

jeremyjustin_1-1643408579014.jpeg

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @barb969 ,

Sharing the home screen on an iPad is available for iOS11 and greater.  To do this we leverage the "Screen Recording" capability native in iOS.  Please review the following support document for more details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005890803-iOS-screen-sharing

If you used to be able to share your home screen on the ipad an now cannot; most likely either screen recording has been disabled on your device or possible the host of the meting you are in has prevent sharing screen.  This is a setting that can be controlled in their account settings int he Zoom Portal and would affect all participants for meetings they host.

I would start by reviewing the support link and then after checking settings on your device start a meeting and try to share screenIf this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!.

This is the same link as in the first reply. I am grateful that you are trying to help, but please try to share the screen in a zoom meeting on an ipad and see if the choice “screen” is in the menu as shown in the link. On my iPads it is not there. 

Dan_ZoomSE

It works as expected on my iPad Pro (iOS 15.1) running Zoom Mobile Application (version 5.9.3).

The ability to share screen is controlled by a Meetings Setting in your Zoom Portal.  If you are not seeing the Screen option when you click the Green Share Content Button, then I would advise you to check your meeting settings in the Zoom portal.  Specifically this one:

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 3.42.18 PM.png

I just did a test turning this setting off in my Zoom Portal and when I tap the Share Content button on my iPad the Screen option is removed.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Hi! I'm trying to share my screen on zoom, but now when I start sharing my camera turns off. Does that happen to you too?

This happens to me too-- cannot figure out how to have video on and share screen while on the ipad zoom. It shuts off automatically when you start sharing

weeksfromtoday
Listener

If you are unable to see the "Screen" option when clicking the green share button during a Zoom meeting, there may be a few potential reasons for this issue. Firstly, ensure that you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your device as this may resolve the issue.

Additionally, you can try to troubleshoot the problem by restarting the Zoom application or your device, clearing your browser cache, or checking your device's settings to ensure that Zoom has access to screen sharing.

If none of these solutions work, you can try using the "Advanced Sharing Options" menu, which can be found by clicking the upward arrow next to the green share button. From there, you can choose to share your entire desktop or a specific window.

Unfortunately, as an AI language model, I am not able to test Zoom on an iPad. However, if you continue to experience difficulties, you can reach out to Zoom support for further assistance.