cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing screen: Computer freezes for a few minutes then eventually "catches up"

philippejj0421
Listener

This happens about once a week, and it started about two months ago. 

System: MS Surface notebook + Windows 10 + latest updates (Windows and Zoom) installed.

What happens: I start Zoom meeting and share my screen. I am alone in the session, waiting for participants to show up. Nobody is has yet joined. 

Suddenly, the screen freezes and both the keyboard and the mouse are frozen. That may last for up to 10 minutes.

Then as suddenly, it unfreezes and "catches up". I mean that I can see all the mouse movements and keyboard strikes I typed while it was frozen  passing very quickly. Once, I was running a video when it froze, and the video ran very quickly when it unfroze.  After it has "caught up", things run normally.

Observation: It has not happened after people have joined the meeting, but it does not give me a warm feeling.

So far, I have reinstalled Zoom and I have disabled Hardware Acceleration.

Anyone seeing that problem?

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @philippejj0421 , I am sorry I missed this! Are you still having issues with this? If so, please let me know.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

philippejj
Listener

Well, the short story is that, tired of that nagging problem, I got a new Surface notebook running Win 11 in Aug 2022 and have not seen the problem since.