cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing issues on Samsung Chromebook

redjennphd
Listener

Hi Zoom community.  I'm Deaf and I teach ASL via Zoom.  When I share a screen with vocabulary documents and so forth, the participants disappear and I can't see them. I record the classes for the students to practice with and when I look at the recordings it only shows the shared item but not participants. Since my teaching and ASL itself is a totally visual language, I need to be able to see everyone signing and I can't and then when I THINK I've got it, like when I used a second Chromebook to share last week, it showed the shared screen and I could see the participants on the laptop I was using to teach with, the recording only showed the shared item and me but not the students. Can someone please help me with this right away - it's making teaching on Zoom impossible for a totally visual vernacular and process.  I tried re-sizing and everything with no luck. 

Thanks so much,

RedJenn

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@redjennphd , for local or cloud recordings, you can manage the settings by logging in to your account on the web client ad go to settings>recording>local recording or cloud recording.

IPMan_0-1648228790801.jpeg

The differences between recording layout(local or cloud) can be found in here >> Recording layouts .

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Hi, thank you for your response but the issue is with sharing the screen and not seeing the participants and only the shared screen and then the recording also only shows the shared screen and not participants. I need to know how to share and see all the participants at the same time for live classes and so it all shows up in recordings. Thank you.

IP-Man

Thank you for visiting the Zoom Community to seek support. I have assisted in converting your inquiry into a support ticket. Please watch out for a follow up email with information on your case. 

For your reference, the ticket number is 13917985.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!