cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing ipad via cable results in buzzing noise every 30 seconds

bsarni
Listener

I recently upgraded to a 5th generation iPad Pro. When I have my iPad Pro connected to my MacBook Pro and during a Zoom meeting if I select share ipad via cable, there is a loud buzzing noise that happens every 30 seconds that all participants can hear. If I remove the cable and choose share ipad via airplay, there is no buzzing sound. 

This behavior is something new with the 5th generation iPad. If I connect my 3rd generation iPad Pro (same configuration, IOS version, and apps as the 5th generation) and choose share iPad via cable, there is no buzzing sound.

I have the lastest IOS versions on my MacBook Pro and iPad Pro and the latest version of Zoom.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have contacted Apple support several times and after trying many things, they say contact Zoom of course. I have an appointment at the Apple genius bar later today to have the look at it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone, until a Mac software update is released to fix this issue, I would suggest one of these two options that some have shared in this thread 🙂

• Share the iPad via airplay.
  • Join the iPad to the meeting using the Zoom iOS client and share directly from the iPad.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92

Doleo
Listener

Just want to add here that in December 2022, there are still users reporting this problem.

It's not a Zoom issue, I actually came here to this forum because I was searching for answers regarding OBS. I've also tried using Wirecast and MimoLive, as well as OBS, and they all have exactly the same problem.

I think it's fairly safe to say that the problem lies with apple's software, but they're not acknowledging the problem, and probably won't do anything about it.

I suppose they're just assuming that the number of people who are even aware of this poorly documented software function is so low, they might as well not bother thinking about it.

They fixed it in iOS 15. Hopefully they fix it again.  I wish they would quit breaking it!

Hi everyone, the problem is solved definitively for me with the new iPadOs 16.2 released yesterday !!

No buzz anymore when sharing the screen in Zoom with cable. 🥳

I was going to confirm today. It worked fine for me in Ecamm and Screenflow so I was pretty sure it would work in Zoom as well. Thanks for posting!

Alexain
Listener

Apple released today iPadOS 16.2 and seems to be resolved. I recorded a test mini-screencast with screenflow of about 2 min, and no buzz here. Finally!

Thanks! Awesome to hear! I’m downloading now.

JMLProf
Listener

PLEASE let us know that this fix is confirmed!

FIx confirmed here ! 

iPadOs 16.2 on IPad Pro 11" model A2377 with MacBook Air M1 2020 

Everything is ok for the sharing with cable, no buzz at all. 

🥳

JMLProf
Listener

In actual live Zoom meetings, that is!

JMLProf
Listener

Well, now that we have ipados 16.3, has anyone checked to see if we're still "buzz-free?"

I haven’t yet but will check it out tomorrow.

JMLProf
Listener

Thanks!

Checked for Buzzing in Zoom, QuickTime and Screenflow. No iPad buzzing on any of those programs.