cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing/copying meeting invite link doesn't work in Indonesian UI

afriza
Listener

I am creating a meeting and want to invite others using invite link.

From Zoom with Indonesian UI, sharing/copying meeting invite link, only gives the text below

${gabungRapatUrl}

Normally, in Zoom with English UI, the text is something like the following

https://us05web.zoom.us/j/85955645066?pwd=VFhkRUVFZ0lUdmh6N2lqbzVKd3RUZz09

The meeting link above is displayed correctly in Zoom app but inviting others or copying the link, only gives ${gabungRapatUrl}.

The text ${gabungRapatUrl} is probably the translation of placeholder text ${joinMeetingUrl} and it probably shouldn't be translated to Indonesian.

In programming, it is common to use this kind of placeholder text/string and then later replace it with an actual/real value. Since the placeholder text itself is translated by the localization team, the replacement process in Zoom app doesn't match and I don't get the actual link.

By copying, I mean press + hold the displayed Invite Link.

By sharing or inviting, I mean pressing the Invite button and choosing Messaging/Copy Invite Link/ etc..

As mentioned below, the workaround is to change Android OS language to English.

5 REPLIES 5

Jameswalter
Participant

Make sure the meeting you're trying to join isn't password protected. If it is, clicking a link to it may cause your connection to be rejected. Try joining the Zoom ID manually inside the Zoom window.

Thank you for your reply. I rephrased my post. I hope it now explains my situation better.

amryms
Listener

aku mengalami ini beberapa hari yang lalu, berbagai cara sudah aku lakukan seperti install ulang aplikasi zoom, kemudian update keyboard android, masih sama saja

kemudian aku mencoba merubah ke bahasa android ke bahasa inggris, dan link nya jadi muncul !

aku rasa permasalahannya ada di bahasa pemrograman, yang perintahnya jadi ikut berubah ke bahasa indonesia dan tidak dikenali

semoga membantu 🙂

workss!! terimakasih banyakk!!

Evav
Listener

Found out the exact same thing when using Bahasa Indonesia language, and somehow some people could not change Android language setting to other language (eg English).