cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Audio - install audio devide

aligreenman
Listener

I share my computer audio quite frequently, and about 9/10 times, it works just fine. However, sometimes I get this "To share your computer audio, please install the zoom audio device" message, asking for my username and password. If I click cancel, it shows that I'm sharing my computer sound, but participants can't hear what I'm playing. If I enter my password, everything on my end goes silent. I can't hear my own audio that I'm playing, or anything from the participants, but they can hear my audio. It seems the only resolution is for me to enter my password, leave zoom, and come back in. 

As you might guess, this is EXTREMELY inconvenient and frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this happens?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @aligreenman, I see you have a ticket open with our Support team. As suggested, install the correct M1 version from https://zoom.us/download, and download the zoom audio device. Which you should only be prompted with that message once again.

Suggest continuing to get support from our support team as they can get this resolved for you! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @aligreenman, I see you have a ticket open with our Support team. As suggested, install the correct M1 version from https://zoom.us/download, and download the zoom audio device. Which you should only be prompted with that message once again.

Suggest continuing to get support from our support team as they can get this resolved for you! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi SAME problem, but I am using a Macbook. My bluetooth mic cuts out suddenly too. The sound changes suddenly, and cant share audio. And then I can. There is NO consistency to why and how this happens.      ... I was so excited that there was solution, however,  I followed your advice and to the page you linked to and there is NO option in that page you linked to to download the "audio device."  I too get the prompt SOMETIMES to install audio device everyone and then.    But then the next time it goes back to not working!    What does M1 mean? I am updated to the latest version of zoom. The only options on the page you linked to are:  

Zoom Client for Meetings, 

Microsoft Outlook Add-in, 

Zoom Extension for Browsers, 

Zoom Mobile Apps, 

Zoom Rooms for Conference Room, 

Controllers for Zoom Rooms

Hello RN I have the same issue but when I try to put in my username and password it keeps saying it is incorrect. I have tried reaching someone for the past week but have not gotten a response, I really need a solution being I use this for work and sharing music is a big component, Thank you so much

There is no way to download the Zoom audio device at the link offered. The Zoom app seems to set me up for a download, but it won’t accept a password.