cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared screen file larger than normal

lizzieb
Listener

I noticed that the last meeting we had was half the time as usual (one hour, compared to 2-3 usual) but the shared screen file is almost 8 times as large (!!) as usual. Is that because we did some screen sharing? I can't figure out if we did anything else different. Thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi lizzieb,

The file size of a recording depends on many factors, including number of people on camera, what was being shared, and type of content being shared. So if you did some screen sharing, this will explain why the file size is larger.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

vescamilla

Hi lizzieb,

The file size of a recording depends on many factors, including number of people on camera, what was being shared, and type of content being shared. So if you did some screen sharing, this will explain why the file size is larger.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

how can we reduce the file size

Yes, that must have been it - thank you!

so how did you change it?

I had only me on a zoom - for 8 minutes.    Silent transmission.  I made it to email to family and share online with a couple of friends on Discord.  The file is  is 139.2 MB

Makes no sense.     Is there a way to reduce it?  To change zoom settings to permit a smaller whatever it is?  Thank you.

AmitKumar
Listener

what is the way  by which we can reduce it, e,g . file size is 84 MB how can we make it less than 20 MB so that we will able to share the participant