cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share screen doesn't work with "optimize for video clip" box

Ernester
Listener

Hello there. So, out of nowhere I can't use the box when I do share screen of any video. It had been working before but doesn't work now. It happens when I choose a specific window to be shared (a program with a video) and press both boxes (optimize for video clip and sound). If I share the whole screen, not a specific window, it works. If I choose any other specific windows, for instance, a window with a picture, and press the two boxes it works, but not if the window is with a video. I tried different programs, in order to play a video, doesn't work.

I treid to reinstall zoom (it was up to date), still doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ernester ! Thanks for your contribution to the Zoom Community 🙂

When you state 'the box', are you referring to sharing a video using the portion of screen option?

Keep me updated!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Chipdugan
Listener

I have this same problem starting last week. I check the toggle box at the bottom of the sharing options Zoom menu to optimize for video and share sound, select the chrome tab I want to share, and hit share. The control bar--that would usually be green and read "you are sharing your screen"--goes yellow. When I press the "resume sharing" button, nothing happens. I don't have an NVIDIA graphics card. My screen doesn't go black. The other participant sees diagonal grey lines. I'm using the licensed product and this is very frustrating. I've logged in and out. Uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version. I can't find anything about this in the forums.