cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share desktop on Mac - I can share individual apps screens on my Mac, but I can't share the desktop?

msp8
Listener

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @msp8 

I'd suggest checking your web Settings page and ensuring that the Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host option is disabled. If this is enabled, this would explain why you cannot share your desktop. Keep in mind though, this only applies to meetings you host. If you still experience this in meetings you have joined, the host of those meetings would need to adjust this on their end. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

msp8
Listener

Thank you. That has worked. Seemed I needed to look at settings in browser as option did not show in app. 

much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

Hi @msp8 

I'd suggest checking your web Settings page and ensuring that the Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host option is disabled. If this is enabled, this would explain why you cannot share your desktop. Keep in mind though, this only applies to meetings you host. If you still experience this in meetings you have joined, the host of those meetings would need to adjust this on their end. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

msp8
Listener

Thank you. That has worked. Seemed I needed to look at settings in browser as option did not show in app. 

much appreciated. 

NancySmith
Listener

Hi there. I had to force quit Zoom and then it worked. I restarted my computer and made sure Zoom was updated.

It still happens sometimes but I force quit and then it works. Hope this helps.

mjsnorris
Listener

This happens to me, but only in one particular room with a particular HDMI cable. I checked my web settings as above, but that option was correctly disabled. Is there something about specific HDMI cables/connections that stops you from being able to share your screen?