cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Screen in Breakout Rooms

BreyannaBroeker
Listener

Hey there, 

Is there a way for me to grant everyone in my breakout rooms access to sharing their screen when they present? 

We've got about 30 people in the meeting, and separate them in two breakout rooms. We currently have 3 hosts before the breakout rooms split but haven't figured out a way to allow more people who are presenting to share their screen. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Maj
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BreyannaBroeker 

As of this time, only the host has the ability to share screen and/or broadcast message to all individual breakout rooms. If you're interested to know more, you may check out these links to helpful resources:

Sharing screen and broadcasting to breakout rooms
Using Breakout Rooms During a Meeting
*The second link shows you a quick video tutorial.

Hope this helps!

---
If this reply helps, please click "Accept as solution" to help others find this solution. Thanks!

Pay it forward! 🙂

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer
  • The natural behavior for sharing in breakout rooms is that only hosts/co-hosts can share
  • A host/co-host in the breakout room can click the up-carrot ^ next to the Share button and select "All Participants" to enable sharing for everybody. This can also be set for the new "Whiteboards" while in the breakout room.
  • If you have a lot of breakout rooms having to send a host or co-host into each room to enable sharing may not be practical. Then you might consider the final bullet.
  • A host of the meeting and just prior to sending everybody to the breakout rooms, you can quickly set the Sharing options and Whiteboard options while in the Main Session. Once the options are set, send your folks into the Breakout Rooms, and those settings will be applied in each Breakout Room.
  • You'll want to remember to set them back to where they were after you close the Breakout Rooms.
  •  
Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Greetings, Jeff

I need to allow a co-host who is in a breakout room with others to share her screen only with the members of her breakout room.  I also may want to have several breakout room hosts do likewise in each of their rooms.  Are you saying that this can be done?

Jameswalter
Participant

Only one person can share at a time in each breakout room (even if multiple people are allow to share simultaneously in the main room). If the host/co-host is sharing screen to breakout rooms from the main room, participants in the breakout room cannot share screen.

Hi James--are you saying that when a breakout room participant shares a screen only the other people in the room will see that screen?  Or will it show up on all screens in the meeting?