cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings don't "stick"

emschwar
Listener

Sorry, that subject isn't super specific, but I don't know how to describe what's going on. 

I have my settings set but then those same settings don't appear in my meetings.  For example, I have "Require that all meetings are secured with one security option" turned off, and "waiting room" turned on.  Yet when I start a meeting, users are required to sign in, and the waiting room is off.  I also have "allow participants to join before host" turned off, but participants CAN join before I start the meeting.  I'd love to know how to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It could be that you have adjusted your Settings, which changes the default behavior when scheduling new meetings, but you only use your Personal Room, which is not affected by changes to the Settings page, since it is an already scheduled meeting. 

To edit the behavior of your Personal Room...

1. Log in to your account on the web 
  2. Click Meetings
  3. Click the Personal Room tab. 
  4. Edit that meeting, adjust the settings as desired, and save the changes.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, emschwar

If you schedule a meeting and then make changes to it, those changes will not be reflected.

If the changes are not reflected in the scheduled meeting after the settings have been made, there is a possibility of a bug.

Bort

It could be that you have adjusted your Settings, which changes the default behavior when scheduling new meetings, but you only use your Personal Room, which is not affected by changes to the Settings page, since it is an already scheduled meeting. 

To edit the behavior of your Personal Room...

1. Log in to your account on the web 
  2. Click Meetings
  3. Click the Personal Room tab. 
  4. Edit that meeting, adjust the settings as desired, and save the changes.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

Yes! Thank you, that seems to have been the problem.  

THANKS A LOT))) I had the same problem and your advice saved me))