cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting recurrence meetings to "No Fixed Time"

DennisT
Listener

Hello Zoom community,

I am in a pickle.  I have a number of meetings that I have set with "No Fixed Time" in recurrence.

I have set a new meeting today and I cannot find how to make it the recurrence "No Fixed Time"  In the drop down menu it does not have that option.  What am I doing wrong?  -- Thank you!  -- Dennis

26 REPLIES 26

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DennisT , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

Are you scheduling the meeting via https://zoom.us/meeting/schedule?

If so, please clear your browsers cache and cookies, sign in, and then head to the schedule a meeting option. Once here, please share a screenshot of the options you see in the dropdown. A screenshot like the one I provided should do 🙂 please make sure not to include meeting id or passcode. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 3.26.15 PM.png

Keep me updated!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you, Carla! Very helpful.

I did manage to book a recurring meeting with No Fixed Time.

For all those who have been slogging thru these forums, this is the only solution that works--no app use on any device, just via the browser. Thank you Carla

SAC223
Listener

I am having a similar issue - I use a desktop app. Just a few days ago (today is April 8. 2023), I was able to choose a Recurring Meeting > No Fixed Time. Now it is not listed as an option. What do I do? It is not always convenient to log into the website, and I definitely need the No Fixed Time option. The whole point was to have ready access by one click on my desktop, and be able to flex the meeting times a bit, when clients need. Please fix this, or tell me how to fix it!

real0395
Listener

I also just encountered this issue starting today on the windows app. I found the work around to log into the website, but it is very inconvenient to do that and I mostly only schedule recurring meetings with no-fixed times. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SAC223 @real0395 and @DennisT ,  apologies for the delay in response. 

I got word from our engineering team that this is expected behavior . We are no longer offering the option to schedule "No Fixed Time" recurring meetings using the Zoom client as it was causing inconsistencies in performance. Please use the web portal, Gmail, or Outlook to schedule this type of meeting.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has cause, but I hope this information was helpful.

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Tell the product strategy team that this is horrible and I hate it. Bring back the old behavior please.

Could you tell your engineering team that it is not a wise decision. It makes my work very complicated.

@Dragana1234 @Ryan3D

I understand that this can be frustrating to your current work flow and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Please leave us some feedback, so that we can improve our service and make sure that we are meeting your needs at zoom.us/feed.

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I'm agreeing with all users who find this change extremely frustrating and makes me regret that I still have 10 paid months on Zoom 😞

This is a critical feature for using zoom for daily recurring meetings, please restore this functionality!

Hi @ec-agmednet, I completely understand your frustration and am very sorry about how this is affecting your use of Zoom. I will pass on your feedback to our product team for review. 

Thank you for your contribution!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Just pathetic you can't figure this out.

Thomasje
Listener

please bring back the (no fixed time) option - this was a terrible decision in my opinion (

Hi @Thomasje thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and will take your opinion into consideration as we evaluate our service options in the future! I encourage you to share your feedback with zoom.us/feed

Thank you for being a member and contributing!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

SAC223
Listener

Hello all users on this thread - I think I have a WORK-AROUND. I recently made a meeting with a new contact, and I scheduled it for a ridiculous time (like 3:00 am), but it didn't matter, because I did find an option in the set-up window, under Advanced Options, to allow users to join any time. I sent my new contact the Invitation, and we have used it several times. So the meeting has a fixed spot in my calendar ... but not really. The "No Fixed Time" trait is still there, but is located more in the description of users' options, instead of in the description of the type of meeting itself. Hope this helps!

gerardmeyer
Listener

me too same problem

and further more , the name of the guest disappears when going in scheduled meetings and it only shows a number and no name ! This is a mess and there is no place to call for Zoom to correct this bug!!!!

Mr_Nigglepants1
Listener

I'd like to add my voice to these concerns. I need to have "no fix time" for flexibility with clients and to have the link available in the upcoming meetings sidebar on the Meetings page for whenever it's needed. It's particularly annoying now with vacation time and people needing to change the regular slot. Please bring it back.

You can use APIs to programmatically manage multiple recurring meetings (updating slots, times etc. as people need to change). This would achieve most of the flexibility of "no fix time" meetings without the hassle of having to worry about sharing links constantly. If you are not a developer there is a marketplace app, Salepager, that lets you manage recurring Zoom meetings. 

dnsseguininsta
Listener

I'd like to add my voice to this "No Fixed Time", it's really useful.

Please bring it back.

I just updated my desktop client to the newest version and it appears "recurring meeting" option has returned!

Yay!  Thank you Zoom.

Hi,
Not for me I have version 5.15.12 (21574), and "recurring meeting", is there, but not "No Fixed Time".

you need to fixe daily / weekly / monthly

Yes, I spoke too soon.

I got excited when I saw the recurring meeting button was back.

But I can only get the old style recurring meetings to work on the web not on the desktop client 😞

I agree with all these comments. As a teacher of students all over the world, I need to set up No Fixed Time meetings that they can access easily even when we change the time of their lesson, which happens frequently. I need to have that facility  in my sidebar with the name of my student in the title of the meeting link so I can find it easily. We pay a hefty subscription to zoom and it should be possible for them to bring this back. 

I totally agree! This new version is awful and as a paying customer, it is really annoying. This is the function that I use more as it´s often necessary to reschedule classes, so it´s much easier just to click on the same link and not have to have fixed dates.

cjohns1
Listener

I do not understand why the 'no fixed time' option has been removed. This thread and responses from Zoom don't indicate the reason why, or how this functionality can be achieved without this option in the recurring meeting pull down menu? I use this option often for scheduling open meetings with students and see that it has disappeared from Zoom.  Can someone from Zoom please tell us why this functionality has been removed?