cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Zoom Meeting to specifically 25 and 50 minutes

DD-GS
Listener

Hey so we wanted to implement a new system in our company. We wanted to install 25 minute meetings instead of 30 and 50 minutes instead of 60 minutes and we are wondering if there is anything which zoom does to allow for us to set it up as a manual process or can zoom install that for our specific company email? 

Many thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Buttercup
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi!  This would depend entirely on how you're scheduling the meetings as to the 'how', but when scheduling, you should be able to set any time you want. 

If my answer was helpful or solved your issue, please remember to like or mark the solution!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @DD-GS ... here's my take on your question.

If Zoom shut down meetings at the end of a meeting, then you'd probably see a finer granularity on the lengths.  But it's just a placeholder for a meeting length to Zoom.  You can end a 30 minute meeting in 1 minute, or in 29 hours (there's a 30 hour limit on paid accounts).  So just my opinion as a volunteer here in the Zoom Community: it's probably not something important to the vast majority of users.  But if it was important to enough people, Zoom might consider it.

Us volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t have a way to handle feature requests. Please use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

neilpw
Listener

I have a similar question. I want to set up 50-minute meetings but Zoom only offers 45 minutes or 60 minutes. So when I send a calendar invite to my group, they will see 45 minutes or 60 minutes. I will have to specify manually each time in my invitation to the group that the meeting is 50 minutes, even though Zoom says 45 minutes or 60 minutes?  I would like to set 50 minutes so everyone is clear without me having to enter 50 minutes manually in the invite. Thanks for your help on this.

I have the same issue. I am a psychologist and my appointments are 50 minutes, Before the upgrade, I could do this manually. Now I can't do that. Please advise.

I have sent a message directly to zoom support about this issue. Would be great if you could do the same. My appointments are also 50 minutes and now I cannot make this adjustment. 

drJR
Listener

I am a psychologist and my appointments are 50 minutes (e.g. from 1:00 PM - 1:50PM.  Before the upgrade, I could do this manually. Now I can't do that. Please advise.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @drJR and @neilpw.

Where were you setting the 50-minute duration:  on the Zoom Web Portal, on the Zoom desktop client, or a Google or Outlook appointment/meeting entry?

The invitation links I get from the Zoom client app don't have a duration:

Ray_Harwood_0-1672864093668.png

I can't type into the minutes duration field on the Zoom Web Portal when creating a meeting, but I can type in the ending time field on the Zoom Desktop Client, which shows this entry on my Desktop Client:

Ray_Harwood_2-1672864371407.png

... and this on the Web Portal:

Ray_Harwood_3-1672864422333.png

Using the Desktop Client might be a workaround for you.

If the prohibition of typing a value into the Duration field on the Web Portal is "new" (I can't recall whether I ever tried it before, so I'm relying on your memory to say "I'm sure it is a recent change"), I'll ask some of my sources at Zoom whether this was an intentional change, or not.

Also, I know Zoom tech staff does review Feature Requests, so please use this Zoom web page to enter a request for the functionality to be restored:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !