cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set someone else as a host before a meeting

KazuT
Listener

How do I assign other people as Hosts before a meeting has started? I tried to add my colleague as an "Alternative Host", but the Zoom website said "____ could not be found":

Host couldnt be found.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @KazuT,

The most common reason that Zoom users see the error you mentioned is because the person they are trying to make an alternate host is either not a licenses Zoom user or does not belong to the same account.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

The person gave me the email address under which their Zoom account is.

RobF

They will need to be a user on the same account as you in order for you to set them up as an Alternate Host.

Can I "add an additional Host" to a meeting? Someone up who isn't on my account but has their own account? There are times I need someone else to host my meetings; it'd be helpful if I can assign them prior to the day of the meeting.

RobF

You have two options:
1) Assign an alternative host - this person needs to be a licensed user and part of your account. This can be done prior to the meeting.
2) Assign a Co-host - this is done during a meeting.

How do I make someone "part of my account"?

How do I do that?

I want to make someone a host before a meeting.  How do I do that?

How do I add another host before a meeting?

Does anyone from Zoom ever reply to these questions...?