cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending individual messages to breakout rooms

Rippleman
Listener

I had no option for sending a message to a specific breakout room- I only had the broadcast message to all rooms.

3 REPLIES 3

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Rippleman ,

You are absolutely correct, as of the moment you are only able to send a broadcast message across all rooms. 

That's a wonderful idea!  You can submit your ideas, feedback and feature request here.  

The interim solution is for you to join a particular breakout room and chat it directly in that room.

The host or co-host can switch between sessions at any time. 

Click here to learn more about Managing Breakout Rooms.

Don't forget to please click on like and mark this as solved if you're fine with the provided solution.

Thank you and stay safe always!

Joules
Listener

Me too! I can't send private messages to breakout rooms.  I know I can broadcast messages to all breakout rooms, but it would be so helpful if I could send individual messages to specific breakout rooms or people inside breakout rooms

Peter_Uy

Hello @Joules ,

The current way to send messages to individual breakout rooms if you join a specific breakout room.

Feel free to submit all your feedback, feature request and and wonderful suggestions here

Please don't forget to hit the "like" button and "Accept as Solution" if the response provided addressed your question(s).

We encourage you to continue using the Zoom Community for any Zoom-related questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you and  be safe always!

Peter