cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Invites

skyword
Listener

Hi there!  Strange little issues.

I have forever been sending invites to my Zoom calls via my gmail account.  I enter in the first few letters of the recipients in the window and the full gmail address comes up...I select it and send.  No problemo.

Now all of a sudden the gmails are getting bounced....up comes an error message saying the address could not be found (?) or is unable to receive mail.

I tried instead to send the invite through my default email (which is my Outlook email account) and it makes it.

So if I jump over the gmail and instead send it through my Outlook it makes it it seems.

Another strange thing that has been a constant is that I have two businesses, Second Nature Landscape Design and SkyWord Tutoring.  Both have separate gmail accounts.  When sending the Zoom invite for a Skyword Tutoring session over gmail, it always gets sent from my Second Nature Landscape account.  So, my tutoring students get the invite from the landscape company instead of Skyword Tutoring.  Weird-o. 

Anyone have any ideas??? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @skyword, looking into some of your past discussions within the community and I'd advise you to contact our Zoom technical support team to look into the bounceback of the emails.

According to support.google.com, using a regular gmail.com address, or signing up with a different domain name, either your own myuser@mydomain.com or you@hotmail.com is one of the most common causes for this is DMARC, which you can read about here:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/2466580?hl=en

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @skyword, hope your weekend was great! I wasn't sure if you were able to look into my reply and see if you were to do any of the suggested ☝️

Let me know, looking forward to getting this resolved! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!