cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security for Recordings

Brea_Inspires
Listener

Hi! I have a question about security access for recordings. Is there a way to send a recording to another that can be accessed with only a pre-assigned email address?  I want to prohibit recordings being able to be shared/sent to masses of people. Thanks in advance for your help! 

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Brea_Inspires – As I’m sure you already know, Zoom provides a way for you to share the video with people other than the host who scheduled the meeting, by sending them the generated meeting-view link and a password. If I understand your question, though, you’re concerned that this link and password could be shared with folks who are not authorized to view the recording.

Here’s a Zoom Support article that seems to indicate that pre-assigning permission is possible, but I’ve tried it out and there are some shortcomings in the process as it’s currently implemented.  What I have been able to do is require authentication for viewing (they have to be signed into a Zoom account – could be free or paid) AND require them to register for access. Unfortunately it seems the process automatically grants access to anyone that registers – so while this doesn’t really solve your actual issue, it does give you a bit tighter control AND will give you a record of everyone that has registered for access to the recording.

I’ll see if I can figure out a way to actually assign permission to specific users, and if I do, I’ll come back and let you know. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !