cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Code

Danielle128
Listener

Everytime I set up Meetings, my hosts keep getting asked for a one off security code but the email comes through to me not them. Even when I have done the security code it keeps happening. Is there a way I can avoid this ? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Danielle128,

It sounds to me like you're sharing an account among a lot of people, setting up meetings for them, but giving them access to your account.  If this is NOT the case, let me know... there are a few other things that might cause this, but sharing accounts is the most common cause.

Unfortunately, sharing user accounts is against the Zoom Terms of Service.  I hear "but everybody does it" a lot, but if you do it and have problems, you're not likely to get help from Zoom.  Sorry... just the way it is.  (I'm a Zoom customer - not an employee.)

However, assuming that these are really your meetings, and you are asking them to host the meetings when you are unable to do so yourself, you can use the Host Key method of allowing others to be Hosts in meetings you schedule. 

Information about obtaining and using your Host Key is found in this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205172555-Using-your-host-key

Note that the meeting must be set to NOT require a Waiting Room, and to allow Join Before Host (I recommend the 15 minute setting).  Your associates, in possession of your host key, join the meeting and click the Claim Host button from the Participants window and enter the Key, at which time they will Become the meeting host. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !