cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure mode

Filipe_Rocha
Listener

Hi, can anyone help me?

I’m using Zoom for a long time, and from today on I just couldn’t enter my meetings because my zoom is I’m in a secure mode (?).

I can see and hear my guests, but they can’t hear me and they see my image as the secure mode screen (see below).

How can I get out of this secure mode, what’s this secure mode I never saw before? Can you help or direct to someone who can (I tried everything in Zoom support webpages unsuccessfully).

Many thanks, Filipe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Filipe_Rocha 

If you can see and hear your participants, this means you are actually in the meeting itself.

If you are seeing something indicative of some kind of "secure mode", I think this is either some privacy controls in your camera software driver, or maybe the meeting has end-to-end (E2EE) encryption enabled.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048660871-End-to-end-E2E-encryption-for-meetings

What device and Zoom software are you using?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rupert

Hi @Filipe_Rocha 

If you can see and hear your participants, this means you are actually in the meeting itself.

If you are seeing something indicative of some kind of "secure mode", I think this is either some privacy controls in your camera software driver, or maybe the meeting has end-to-end (E2EE) encryption enabled.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360048660871-End-to-end-E2E-encryption-for-meetings

What device and Zoom software are you using?

Thank you Rupert, it was indeed a problem with camera's controls. Much obliged.

ChuckinSC
Listener

I made sure my camera settings were correct but I still was in Secure Mode.  Turns out it was my anti-virus software.  I am running McAfee on an LG laptop, and the way to torn off Secure Mode is Fn +F4  (hold down the Fn key and press F4). 

Thx this solved it!

Much obliged