cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screenshare via iphone/ipad Airplay not working with monterey macOS (M1). Anyone else?

devnerd
Attendee

Not able to share ipad screen via airplay on Monterey mac OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IC0
Participant

Try system preferences—sharing—turn off AirPlay Receiver. It worked for me

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

Turning off the Airplay Receiver worked perfectly.    I am running Mac OS Monterey.  Thanks for sharing this solution. 

You made my day. Thanks.

Thank you!!!!!! 👏 It worked!!!

This absolutely WORKED!!  After 3 hours of crueling work arounds or trying to figure it out, I did what IC0 said and it worked. 

Just a heads up.  After updating my laptop, this screensharing airplay thing happened.  It's all good now

Thank you!

It's working now)))

Thanks so much for posting this - easy fast fix, that came up on search - you're a star

Wow, You saved me~! 
It worked for me , too.

God Bless you 

Thank you ~!

jstham
Listener

Hi IC0. Thanks for sharing the little tip. However, it only works for me if I connect my iPad with a cable and share the screen via iPhone/iPad AirPlay (without a cable) function. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can still share my iPad screen on ZOOM without connecting it with a cable? TQ.

Hi jstham.  As IC0 described, in the MontereyOS go into Preference --> Sharing --> AirPlay Receiver (it is checked by default, UNcheck this option).  Then go into your Zoom and "Screen Share" this via "iPhone/iPad AirPlay" and you can pick your iOS device to mirror.  Hope this helps, cheers!

When I tried that, I no longer had the option for mirroring from my iPad to my Mac.  I don't see how turning off airplay would make it work since my understanding is that it is using Airplay for the mirroring.

devnerd
Attendee

it worked!!

asafdari10
Listener

I have the exact same problem. I downloaded the Monterey OS system and my IPad won't allow airplay to be shared on my zoom screen any longer. How do we fix this issue?

danagordon923
Listener

I have tried turning off and on the Airplay in settings, but my iPad is still only connecting to the MacBook Air, not Zoom. 

Any other words of wisdom?

Nevermind! LEAVING it off is the solution. Thanks all!