cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen viewing lag

Derric
Listener

Whenever someone is sharing their screen, their screen feels very delayed/laggy/low fps and this only happens to me. I can hear their voice very clearly and audio too, just the screen. The mouse cursor is also quite smooth but everything they click or switch windows is very delayed. They could finish speaking about a slide and goes on and I'm still stuck in the last slide. How to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nafi
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi

I see you are using on prem data center with hybrid deployment, then you need to recheck your server cpu utilization and also connection on the server side, actually there are more factor when you are using this kind of deployment.

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Nafi

Hi Derric, 

Maybe you need to recheck your cpu utilization when attend some meeting with share screen in there, maybe closing some apps will help. 

Thanks

I am Zoom Enthusiast (Part of PT. Kayreach System, Indonesia Authorized Reseller, Certified Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, and Pro AV Integrator)

How do i check that 

Derric_0-1629107377892.png

Nafi

Zoom includes a number of performance statistics in its settings which you can review to see how well your system is running, and potentially identify why you’re encountering certain issues. To access these statistics, you need to open Zoom’s settings. To do so, click on your user icon in the top-right corner, then click on “Settings”.

Once in the settings, switch to the “Statistics” tab. The “Overall” sub-tab shows four scales at the top showing your CPU and RAM usage. The “Zoom” CPU scale shows how much CPU processing power is being used by Zoom, while the “Overall” CPU scale shows your overall CPU usage. The “Memory” scales show the same statistics, except for RAM usage.

My Statistics shows that my Overall memory is high.  What can I do to fix that?  Thanks.

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,Derric

Since a relatively large amount of data is transferred when the screen display changes
The network bandwidth may be insufficient.
If you are using video, try stopping video first to see if that helps.

It is off most of the time.

Ohkawa

You can check the network bandwidth in the statistics provided by Nafi.
At least 100 kbps is required.

Derric
Listener

I will post the statistics when I'm in a zoom meeting the next time. I remember checking on it and it was fine.

Derric
Listener

Derric_0-1629168934050.png

The statistic, looks good to me ? or is it

Nafi

Hi

I see you are using on prem data center with hybrid deployment, then you need to recheck your server cpu utilization and also connection on the server side, actually there are more factor when you are using this kind of deployment.

Hope it helps! please like and mark this as solution so whenever someone has the same question this content will help.

How do i check server cpu utilization and what you just said ? I don't see any solution yet tho ;(

Nafi

Did your IT deploy the hybrid solutions for your company account? If yes then I suggest you to communicate with the IT Team for this.

Alright, thank you ill do that now. 

Everett
Listener

@Derric wrote:

Whenever someone is sharing their screen, their screen feels very delayed/laggy/low fps and this only happens to me. I can hear their voice very clearly and audio too, just the screen. The mouse cursor is also quite smooth but everything they click or switch windows is very delayed. They could finish speaking about a slide and goes on and I'm still stuck in the last slide. How to fix?