cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing now causes video to glitch like mad

nico_panico
Listener

I've recently updated to version 5.13.4 (11835), and suddenly when I'm screen sharing a video and sound, my own video glitches in a way I've never seen before. What I'm sharing is fine, everyone else's video is fine, but my video gets caught on a one-second movement on repeat. I'm also using a second monitor, but this has never been a problem before. Any ideas on changes I can make to prevent this?

Edit: I'm using webcam Ausdom HD 1080P F/#2.0 F:4.8mm

Windows 10, IdeaPad S145-15IIL

Device name LAPTOP-F2ABEVKR
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz 1.19 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.80 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

encara
Attendee

@nico_panico I'd recommend uninstalling your current version, and then install a previous version of Zoom for now: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/12-28-2022-Zoom-Update-Video-Freeze-With-Flashing-Multi-Color...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

petterzug2023
Listener

I have been experiencing the same problem. My webcam is Logitech and it's new! I am still looking for a solution. 

Great point! I've edited my original post as I'm also using an external webcam.

Are you also using a second monitor? I was just fiddling around and when I unplugged my second monitor, my webcam video instantly went back to normal.

petterzug2023
Listener

I have been experiencing the same problem. My webcam is Logitech and it's new! I am still looking for a solution. 

fazolli1
Listener

Following I have two employees experiencing something very similar

Karina4
Listener

Tengo el mismo problema con el video después de la actualización de hoy 5.13.4, y mi cámara no es externa, 

encara
Attendee

@nico_panico I'd recommend uninstalling your current version, and then install a previous version of Zoom for now: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/12-28-2022-Zoom-Update-Video-Freeze-With-Flashing-Multi-Color...

Yup, that seems to have fixed it. Pretty sad to have to roll back. I hope they get the bug fixed soon!

Hi Nico,

we have had the exact same problem. we were so pleased to find someone with the same problem we thought we must be the only ones in the world! Thank you >T

Thank you so much for this!

Sacha3
Listener

Totally having the same issue, especially when I share screen. I was going nuts at first, thinking it was my computer. But several friends have reported the same problem.

Sacha3
Listener

My camera is built-in 

tonyan
Listener

same issues... same solution fixed it for me. Thank you all for your input. much appreciated. >T

RyanMusic88
Listener

This was driving me crazy and started with recent update. here was the solution:

Video Settings -> Advanced -> Uncheck 'Optimize video quality with de-noise'

Thanks so much, @RyanMusic88 !!  In the end another update became available and after updating the glitch disappeared....thankfully!!!