cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen sharing music issue

CB93
Listener

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with screen sharing music when I’m teaching yoga live on zoom. I can screen share my music easily and my students can hear me speaking and the music playing simultaneously when I’m right up to my laptop…but…when I plug in my Rode Wireless mic (because I need to move far away from the laptop onto my yoga mat) my students say they can only hear me no music. Is it something in “audio settings” ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreggG_aka_4G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello CB93 -

I've seen this before and had a similar experience. It would be best to make sure that when you are sharing music, the music output is the PC or Mac. Once you connect your Rode Wireless Mic, the music defaults to that; thus, the music goes out for your students. So, once you join the Mic, go back to your music source and ensure that the output is the PC or Mac.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GreggG_aka_4G

Hello CB93 -

I've seen this before and had a similar experience. It would be best to make sure that when you are sharing music, the music output is the PC or Mac. Once you connect your Rode Wireless Mic, the music defaults to that; thus, the music goes out for your students. So, once you join the Mic, go back to your music source and ensure that the output is the PC or Mac.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski