cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen share automatically pauses

mitt726512
Listener

How do I fix this error, whenever I start sharing my screen it automatically pauses. 

IMG_20220725_190441.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

mrjankeck
Attendee

Sometimes when you share a window and then move focus to another window or screen it pauses. When you click on the original window again, it should restart

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @mitt726512, welcome to the Zoom community! Has the reply posted by @mrjankeck helped you with your issue? 

I am having this same problem with screen sharing pausing however it is only when I MAXIMIZE the video in the screen share window.  This has never happened before and only began happening when I updated my zoom application.  My computer software is up to date so it is not that.  Can you please help me?

I’m having the same problem. When I try and maximise the YouTube video I am sharing, Zoom automatically now pauses screen share. Started last week but was fine before that. 

The fix for me was in my computer settings.  I had updated my computer software and a setting selection changed for my zoom application.  I had to go to settings and give zoom access to my camera and then the screen sharing stopped pausing.

How do you do that.   I can't find anywhere that give zoom access.  I look in applications on my Mac and I also looked in zoom but I didn't find anything about giving my camera access to zoom.  Please help

Hi - we have this issue too. We have 2 screens, share google full screen, and have auto pauses. It seems intermittent, it doesn't happen when we move to another screen - specifically tested that. 

The fix for me was in my computer settings.  I had to give zoom access to my camera in settings and then it worked fine again.  

LFlynn
Listener

I am having this same problem with screen sharing pausing however it is only when I MAXIMIZE the video in the screen share window.  This has never happened before and only began happening when I updated my zoom application.  My computer software is up to date so it is not that.  Can you please help me?

Freedomrulesok
Listener

It’s happened to me too. I share screen, then when I click maximise (YouTube) video, Zoom pauses screen share. Participants can hear audio but can no longer see video. 

salmarb
Listener

happen to me too!

LD42
Listener

I started to have the same problem after updating Zoom.  I am on a MAC, fully up to date. Those solutions did not work for me.  I have to either give Zoom control of my computer, which I am not comfortable with, or start the share, pause the share, make the video full screen, then resume share.  Without this awkward process, the resume share does not work.

Hi, so for MAC, I encountered same problem, only to realize that after updating the OS, I had to give the ACCESSIBILITY permission to zoom. Simply go to settings>accessibility>zoom (you have to unlock with your password of course) - and that solved the problem for me.  

That didn't work. I cannot do that on my iMac.