cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black in middle of meeting

Alami1906
Listener

Can anyone explain why my screen goes black at random times during some Zoom meetings? The sound stays on for a few minutes & I think the others in the meeting can still see me, but then it goes completely dead and I'm logged out of my computer. I have to re-log into my computer to get back into the meeting.

This happens quite randomly - sometimes after only about 10 minutes into the meeting; sometimes 30-40 minutes, sometimes never. I've checked all my computer settings, and it's set not to go to sleep for one hour, so I'm pretty sure it's not the computer settings. I can't find any settings in Zoom that could be causing this.

www.placesandseasons.com
6 REPLIES 6

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Alami1906 

Does this happen with a typical amount of participants - or before or after someone screen-shares in the meeting?

Is your Zoom software fully up to date?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Alami1906
Listener

Thanks @Rupert 

It happens with a normal number of participants - it's a live Pilates class with around 5-6 people. It happens every single week, but nobody else in the class has this issue! The screen goes black & I can still hear the class going on, so I jab the screen a few times (I'm using a Surface Pro), then it logs me out completely. I will check the software update link! Thanks.

www.placesandseasons.com

ZoomAddict
Listener

I have this problem also and I do not know how to fix it . 

GAW
Listener

I have a similar issue...During a meeting, if I get a phone call, my computer screen changes from host with a gallery view of my invitees to a non-zoom screen. I can hear everyone, and they can still see and hear me -- BUT I can't see them, nor can I return to the meeting screen. This is a BIG problem. What is happening?

Quisqueya
Listener

I´m having the same problema but i´m not getting any help from zoom

RaysMarketingpk
Listener

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing during Zoom meetings could be related to a few different factors:

1. Network connectivity issues: If your internet connection is unstable or weak, it could cause Zoom to disconnect or crash intermittently. You could try moving closer to your WiFi router or connecting your computer to your router via an Ethernet cable to see if this improves your connectivity.

2. Computer hardware issues: If your computer is running low on memory or has other hardware issues, it could cause Zoom to crash or freeze up during meetings. You could try closing other programs or applications that you're not using during the Zoom call to free up resources on your computer.

3. Zoom software issues: It's possible that there could be an issue with the Zoom software on your computer. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom client to see if this resolves the problem.

4. Power settings: It's worth checking your computer's power settings to ensure that it's not set to hibernate or sleep during Zoom meetings. If it is, you could try adjusting the settings to prevent your computer from going to sleep or hibernating during meetings.

If none of these solutions work, you could also try reaching out to Zoom support for further assistance or troubleshooting.