cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing. Take out participants from view

DaveinParker
Listener

When I share a screen I would like the participants not to show up to others. I just want them to see the video I am showing.

If it matters I have duel screens and I show the video on screen #2. I tried it on screen #1 but it also shows everyone to them. This makes their tablet screens smaller. Some have asked can we just see the video only. I have not found out the answer.

3 REPLIES 3

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @DaveinParker, thanks for posting your question! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @DaveinParker, assuming you're sharing your whole desktop? I would suggest when sharing your screen a portion of your screen or specific windows when sharing your screen

Within this screenshot, you have the option to share the following applications or windows that are open, that shouldn't show the participants windows from a participants view or perspective. 

Within the Advanced tab you also have the ability to show just a portion of your screen

Lastly, if sharing you desktop windows e.g. Desktop 1 and/or Desktop 2 (depending on your monitor setup), suggest deselecting the following setting within your Zoom settings > Share Screen > deselect "Show my Zoom Windows to other participants when I am screen sharing" 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

If we are having a zoom meeting with another location, is there a way to turn off their onscreen video so those on our side can see the the maximized version of the presentation? It is too small as it is squished underneath. Thanks!