Check out our new Work Transformation Summit page, and join our upcoming event to learn how leading organizations are building a smarter hybrid workspace for their employees.

Visit the page
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing Only Whiteboard

Marschall
Listener

Previously, when I clicked on "Share Screen", it would show the different options: specific word documents, spreadsheets, webpages, etc.  Suddenly it stopped and, regardless of what I had open on my computer, it only allowed the whiteboard to be shared.  It didn't matter if I closed, opened or re-opened an application or document, the only shareable item was the whiteboard.

I found that for meetings which are pre-schedule, I cannot share anything but the whiteboard.  If I want the option to share additional applications or documents, I have to create an immediate meeting by clicking on "Host A Meeting".  However, it doesn't show the specific items to share anymore - just "Word Document (1)" and "Chrome (2)".  The number reflects how many items of that application I have open.  This is also problematic because if I share, I can't go to the specific document/website, etc. immediately; it opens up that application and then I have to click to get to the page I want.  It's annoying as hell.

Also, I've found that even when I am able to share, if I stop sharing during the Zoom meeting, I can't share anymore other than the whiteboard again.  

This sucks and really irks me.  I don't know why this suddenly started happening, but it's a pain at a minimum and a major disruption at the maximum.  Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

IP-Man
Community Champion

@Marschall 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again and retest.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Marschall
Listener

Thanks very much for the input.  I should have said at the outset that this occurs on my PC.  I updated Windows 11 on 3/10/22 with the following:

2022-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5011493)

2022-03 Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

I don't know if this might have caused this snafu.

IP-Man
Community Champion

@Marschall 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom. We just had version 5.10.1 release for desktop applications.

Cheers!

Marschall
Listener

But I access it on my computer through its website.  How do I uninstall/reinstall it?

IP-Man
Community Champion

Ahh , that is your issue then. You need to use the desktop client to have the full capabilities and feature of Zoom.

You may download the client in here >> https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

I installed the program from the link you provided.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I started my pre-planned meeting through the downloaded program and it still only offered me the whiteboard to share.

IP-Man
Community Champion

I would suggest that you log a problem with Zoom Support at
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new so support team can further assist you on the concern.

Cheers!

prasun
Listener

Was this problem solved? I am trying to help someone remotely with the same problem. Thanks

You need to uncheck  Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host in the web settings: 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037710871-Disabling-desktop-screen-sharing-in-meetings#....