cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing Only Whiteboard

Marschall
Listener

Previously, when I clicked on "Share Screen", it would show the different options: specific word documents, spreadsheets, webpages, etc.  Suddenly it stopped and, regardless of what I had open on my computer, it only allowed the whiteboard to be shared.  It didn't matter if I closed, opened or re-opened an application or document, the only shareable item was the whiteboard.

I found that for meetings which are pre-schedule, I cannot share anything but the whiteboard.  If I want the option to share additional applications or documents, I have to create an immediate meeting by clicking on "Host A Meeting".  However, it doesn't show the specific items to share anymore - just "Word Document (1)" and "Chrome (2)".  The number reflects how many items of that application I have open.  This is also problematic because if I share, I can't go to the specific document/website, etc. immediately; it opens up that application and then I have to click to get to the page I want.  It's annoying as hell.

Also, I've found that even when I am able to share, if I stop sharing during the Zoom meeting, I can't share anymore other than the whiteboard again.  

This sucks and really irks me.  I don't know why this suddenly started happening, but it's a pain at a minimum and a major disruption at the maximum.  Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Marschall 

You could try a clean removal/uninstall of Zoom Application and then reinstall it again. This is to ensure that any corrupted files/config on the application is all completely removed before reinstalling.

If you have a Mac - try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.
You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again and retest.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Marschall
Listener

Thanks very much for the input.  I should have said at the outset that this occurs on my PC.  I updated Windows 11 on 3/10/22 with the following:

2022-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5011493)

2022-03 Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)

I don't know if this might have caused this snafu.

IP-Man

@Marschall 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Zoom. We just had version 5.10.1 release for desktop applications.

Cheers!

Marschall
Listener

But I access it on my computer through its website.  How do I uninstall/reinstall it?

IP-Man

Ahh , that is your issue then. You need to use the desktop client to have the full capabilities and feature of Zoom.

You may download the client in here >> https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

I installed the program from the link you provided.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  I started my pre-planned meeting through the downloaded program and it still only offered me the whiteboard to share.

IP-Man

I would suggest that you log a problem with Zoom Support at
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new so support team can further assist you on the concern.

Cheers!

prasun
Listener

Was this problem solved? I am trying to help someone remotely with the same problem. Thanks

You need to uncheck  Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host in the web settings: 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037710871-Disabling-desktop-screen-sharing-in-meetings#....

I'm having the same problem in the Zoom desktop client for Linux. The primary host checked the "Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host" setting in their Zoom account and found that it was already unchecked. So that wasn't the problem. Also, she made me a co-host, and that didn't help. Any ideas.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.  Thanks