cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Sharing: How to PERMANENTLY HIDE all the floating toolbars/windows/popups/etc.

BitWrangler
Listener

Hello,

When I start screen sharing, the annoying floating toolbar appears and obstructs part of my screen.  Worse yet, people watching my presentation see grey boxes.  I know there is an option inside the meeting controls themselves to hide them, but I don't want to have to do this every time.  Is there a way to hide these controls BY DEFAULT?

When I share as co-host, it  seems that there is no way of permanently hiding them at all!  Whenever a visitor enters the waiting room, for example, I get a pop-up to that effect, but ALSO the floating meeting controls!  My screen is obscured again.

I would like an option to PERMANENTLY hide all of these so that I don't have to hide them manually every time I start sharing.  Also, I would like for them to remain hidden even if I am a co-host;  There are other co-hosts (and, of course, the host themselves) who can manage all the incoming traffic.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BitWrangler 

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to hide those toolbars by default of permanently, but I might be able to help fix the grey bars issue for your viewers. 

This typically is due to your graphics drivers being out-of-date, as those should be invisible to others unless you've specifically chosen to show Zoom windows. I would recommend looking at your computer's manufacturer's website for updated graphics drivers and installing them. If you need help with this, let me know the exact brand and model of your computer and I might be able to point you in the right direction. 

When I am using a projector + Zoom, it's worse.

If I share the application I have on the projector (my second (extended) display), the Zoom share controls appear on the projector.  I can manually make them go away with Ctrl-Alt-Shift-H, but that is a pain to do every time I have a new share.

nazary21
Listener

You can't bring these controls back with the same shortkey once hidden, which is freaking annoying. Floating controls are pain, and 50bln company doesn't care about fixing it. 

sch4
Listener

I have used hundreds of programs, I write code as well.

This is THE most annoying "feature" I have EVER used - shame on Zoom for not fixing this.

Did you notice that NO other program does this? Does Zoom not have a QA/testing or UX group that can see how idiotic and useless and infuriating this "feature" is? Shame on Zoom for not giving a rat's behind about it.

It's not a feature, it's a cruel bug.

Me too!  Amen!  Fix this Zoom, please!

Also, I am aware that pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+H to hide the floating toolbar works.  Press the ESC key to bring it back. (BTW I am not a Zoom employee, I just googled this) .

But yes, ZOOM - please...I suggest you put a check box in the "settings" page under my Zoom account that says "Always hide the floating meeting toolbar when screen sharing."

RocketGuy343
Listener

Me too!  I hate the floating toolbar!

Regards,

Brian Hart