cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Share Black Screen Glitch on PWA Chrome Zoom Client

Glowstone_Guy
Listener

I and my friends have been having a problem: Whenever we are on Windows, Mac, or Linux devices we can view Shared Screens fine, but the new PWA Zoom Client for Chrome OS is having some problems in the sense that Shared Screens appear as black screens. Is anyone else on the PWA having this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

azx
Listener

Same problem, but no solution found. 😞

TechnicalJohn
Listener

I'm seeing the same thing on my devices here... It just started in the past couple of days.

TQ_on_ChromeOS
Listener

Same issue. I've been using the PWA. Just started happening within the last few days. Everything was fine before that. I can share my screen with others, but just receive a black screen. Came here to see if anyone had any solutions or more information.

Glowstone_Guy
Listener

Glowstone_Guy_0-1642086944740.png

I ran some tests and here are my results: does this match what other people are seeing?

Interesting...

Well it's 100% failure for me. I have one 1st gen and two 2nd gen Acer Spin 713 Chromebooks. None of them are able to show the shared content in either browser or PWA. 

TQ_on_ChromeOS
Listener

I was on a meeting this morning (in browser), and the issue appears to have been resolved.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Yes, there was a release for the web client this past week, which specifically addressed this issue. Check out the release notes for more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4407440629133-Release-notes-for-the-Zoom-PWA-

Ronbsg
Listener

Looks like this still hasn't been resolved. I was hosting a meeting just this past Friday, and when I went to share the screen, it went to total black screen. I switched back to the regular Zoom, which works just fine, and I was able to share my screen. Thus far, the PWA is a huge disappointment.