cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling virtual interviews

MichelleM1
Listener

I have the free plan where my meetings can be up to 40 minutes. If I am scheduling back to back interviews, can I use my personal meeting room and schedule 30 minute meetings from 9-12pm or do I need to schedule them differently with each candidate having its own generated ID?

3 REPLIES 3

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @MichelleM1! Welcome to the Zoom community, we're happy that you're here 😊

When you schedule a meeting on the Zoom app, just make sure to click the Personal Meeting ID (PMI) instead of Generate Automatically so that your meeting link stays the same. Your PMI is assigned to you automatically as a permanent personal meeting room. You can start it at anytime or schedule it for a future use.

Your meeting link only depends on two things: The Meeting ID, and the Passcode. If you are modifying an existing meeting, as long as you don’t change the Passcode, the link URL originally created should still work fine. Check out this article for more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362843-Personal-meeting-ID-PMI-and-personal-link.

If this helps, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button below!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @MichelleM1,

Each meeting occurrence is limited to 40 minutes.  So you can use your PMI (Personal Meeting ID) or even a recurring meeting with another meeting ID for a meeting of 30 minutes or less as you described, then click "End Meeting for All" and restart the meeting, and you should be okay for up to 40 minutes from the time you restarted your meeting.

And repeat as needed.

Remember that the 40-minute limit starts when the meeting starts, not when the second person joins.  So if you start the meeting room 15 minutes before the hour, and your person joins exactly at the top of the hour, your meeting will end at 25 minutes after the hour -- your 40-minute limit includes the 15 minutes before and 25 minutes after.

Bottom line: Don't join too early!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

didnt help me getting zoom to show the other person???