cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling a meeting tries to install Outlook 2016

Dev66
Listener

Hi there,

Whenever I schedule a meeting it works, but then starts-up an installation file for Outlook 2016. I don't use Outlook (I use Thunderbird) and thunderbird is my default app for everything usually handled by Outlook. So, there's obviously a call being made by Zoom at the end of the scheduling process which is interpreted by my system as an instruction to install Outlook. I have Office 365 installed as part of a University image, so there's obviously an Outlook installation file hidden somewhere that Zoom is activating. Anyone got any ideas what this might be?

I have unistalled and reinstalled zoom and checked default programmes.

Many Thanks in Advance

Win 11; Alienware x14; Zoom 5.12.2 (9281).

2 REPLIES 2

Jameswalter
Participant

This error may occur because you accidentally disabled your Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook options. Go to File, select Options, and check the list of add-ins. If the add-in is already enabled, turn it off and then re-enable it. Restart Outlook and check if you can schedule your meetings now.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have Outlook even installed. I have found the solution, however, and it is below (for people who have the same problem):

Outlook Problem 

Many thanks,

Dev