cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Privileges - how to setup for user not hosting meetings?

BEK074
Listener

My boss has a Zoom account used for client meetings and he is the only user who hosts meetings. I am setup as Admin. I need to schedule meetings on Boss's behalf almost daily, however I do not host meetings ever and only occasionally attend zoom webinar trainings that are sponsored by our company's home office. 

I currently have to login under Boss's username to schedule a meeting and this sometimes causes issues if he is on a meeting when we need to login to schedule something. And when I do attend a Zoom Webinar it defaults to his account and shows his name and picture instead of mine. 

This is annoying and makes scheduling very tedious and sometimes stressful. 

I looked into setting up Scheduler Privileges and am more frustrated because it sounds like the only way for me to be able to do that is to add myself as a second licensed user and pay double the cost, just so I can schedule meetings for him. This makes no sense and I refuse to believe this is the case. I can certainly understand a reasonable Scheduler Subscription fee, but to make my boss pay the same price as he pays for his account, is quite ridiculous.

I have searched community boards and can't find a clear solution to this problem. I even tried scheduling a one-on-one with our Zoom Rep, but was only disappointed when they passed me off to another Zoom employee via email, and then I never heard back from anyone.  

I know I can't be the only person in this same situation and would love to hear from anyone who has figured out a solution to this that doesn't require me to pay for the second license on the account. 

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

While Scheduling Privilege is the best and easiest route to tackle this issue, you can also schedule meeting for your boss through the web portal as an Admin. Its a bit longer of a process, but would work with a Basic Admin (Basic user with Admin role). 

1. Log in to the the Zoom account on the web. 
  2. On the left navigation menu, click User Management and then click Users
    (If you do not see these options in the web portal, you likely do not have admin access)
  3. Click on your boss' email address to view his profile. 
  4. Click the Meetings tab and select Schedule a Meeting

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

pk6
Listener

I have the same issue to schedule a meeting for boss should be available to the admin with basic license.

pk6
Listener

Admin assistant does not have admin rights for zoom