cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled meetings in app and browser

TCumming
Listener

Hi,

I am using Windows and schedule meetings via the Windows app. I've not had the need to edit these before but I note that I don't have an edit option on the app (see screenshot). Furthermore, the meeting isn't showing up in the browser, despite my Google account being synced to the Zoom account.

This is massively frustrating, anyone else have/had this problem and anyone been able to fix it (the resolution from my Google search [check Google account synced and configured in browser, update Windows app, sign out of app, restart PC, reload and resign into Zoom app] did nothing).

Thanks

Tim

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@TCumming You should only be able to edit this meeting if you were the original host who scheduled it. So if the Zoom link contained in that Google calendar event was scheduled under a different user than what you are logged into the desktop client with (regardless of the calendar integration) you will not be able to edit that meeting. 

I would suggest signing in to zoom.us/signin and see if that meeting displays under your list of meetings. If not, then it was a different account that created that meeting. 

If it exists in that list, then sign out and back in to the desktop client with the exact same account you signed into the web portal. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

TCumming
Listener

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

I am pretty sure I was logged in as the correct user when I created the event; mainly as I'm the only user on the account and need to be logged in to that user on the app to create the meeting in the first place but also that creating the event in the app, also created the event in my calendar (correct user) ready for me to create attendees.

However, I have just created a new meeting within the Windows app and I am able to edit that one and see it in the browser so admit to being slightly confused.

Thanks again

Tim

J-Zoom-ATL

@TCumming No problem and I can understand how it does seem like an oddity that this originally didn't work as expected. 

Sometimes we see users possibly switching between users or even on a free/basic account instead of their paid account. 
Even when I'm testing I have to take a step back and make sure all of my logins line up for what I'm doing if something doesn't come out right.