cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Meetings Disappeared

driddick
Listener

I recently updated a scheduled reoccurring meeting.  However, the meeting has now disappeared and does not appear to be searchable.  Any ideas how to search or find the reoccurring meeting? 

46 REPLIES 46

tommypenngotti
Listener

Happened to me today , all meetings on my ipad mini are not syncing with online browser or even my desktop app which does show them....

PastorPaul
Listener

Mine have all disappeared as well... Obviously Zoom Support has done nothing to actually RESOLVE this issue if it was happening over 6 months ago, and it is STILL spontaneously happening. I am sending an email to the address shared above, and hope this problem will fixed, not just for me, but for EVERYONE, permanently!

MindfulMovement
Listener

Also had this issue today! Contacted Zoom, but does anyone have any ideas? I really need those links to work! 

S4Ottawa
Listener

I had this problem a few years ago, but haven't used recurring meetings since then. I've just set one up now and I'll be watching to see what happens. I'll post again later.

RegularZoomer
Listener

There is an unpublished rule that the engineers included in all webinars and meetings, but they do not publish the details. It took about 6 months to uncover this but below are the super-secret rules the engineers explained to me as of April of 2022.

WEBINARS

Non-recurring, scheduled webinars (also known as a one-time meeting) will expire 3 months after creation or the last modification.

This means if the webinar is created and not started in the following 3 months, it will expire.

Recurring scheduled webinars will follow the same rules as non-recurring, scheduled webinars, however, they will expire 365-days after the last modification. 

MEETINGS

Non-recurring, scheduled meetings (also known as a one-time meeting) will expire if 6 months have elapsed since it was last modified or 30 days elapsed after the scheduled date.

If you restart the same meeting ID within either of those time periods, it will stay live and it will remain valid for another 30 days. Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time as long as the meeting ID is not expired or deleted.

Recurring scheduled meetings will expire 365 days after the last used / modified date.

You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences by resetting the 365-day timer. 

MITIGATION

Finally, as Zoom service engineers explained, the expiration conditions are based on the last modification time. They confirmed that a comprehensive list does not exist for what is considered a "modification", but it is basically any changes made to the meeting. This includes starting the meeting to reset the timer, although we have not tested that as a mitigation 

For example, any setting specific to the meeting being enabled/disabled, date changes, alternative host modifications, meeting title / description changes, passcode changes, security changes, etc.

If you open the Meetings or Webinars page within the Zoom web portal, then select any meeting/webinar and click "Edit", any change within this page will be a modification, which is supposed to reset the timer to it's expiration.

Please note that clicking "Edit", not changing any of the settings and then clicking "Save" will not be considered a modification.

Whether these are arbitrary or serve a purpose, they are deliberate, untrackable, and stressful and problematic when accidentally discovered since they auto-delete without warning.

Our team now log into every event in danger of expiring, and modify them, every three months... every. three. months. 

Let's join in solidarity and voice our concern to Zoom that our staff and / or clientele may plan a year+ out for our events. Thus we need this issue properly addressed to either remove the "feature" altogether or provide tools in which we can manage them and keep the event live without having to create spreadsheet trackers and manually edit each event, every. three. months.

The above auto-expiration rules are what was explained to me. And the mitigation processes we use seem to be effective and are the extent of my knowledge. If we have further questions, I highly suggest we bother the heck out of Zoom Support. 😉

Thanks for this explanation.

My current experience is disappearance of recurring meetings within 2-4 weeks of having created them.

I have bothered Zoom Support with this.

Thanks.

jw-velence
Listener

Hi Everyone,

Similar happened to us: we wanted to extend our scheduled ZOOM meetings, but the first we 'extended' - as we thought - completely disappeared from the list of scheduled meetings. What happened in our case was: we set the meeting to recurring with the option 'No Fixed Time'. As soon as we saved it, the meeting disappeared from the scheduled meetings, because it was no longer a scheduled one. In the ZOOM application, after signing in, on the 'Meetings' tab we accidentally scrolled down to the very end of the huge list (as there were 160 other scheduled meetings for 60 weeks or so) and below these 'Scheduled Meetings' there was a section called 'Recurring meeting'. There we found the previous scheduled meeting which has disappeared. Not sure if that helps anyone, but I thought it might be useful. We use ZOOM since April, 2020 and I don't remember having the 'recurring' meeting with 'No Fixed Time' setting, so we always extended for a year. With this settings change, there is no need any longer to 'extend' the scheduled meetings.