Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says my device does not support virtual backgrounds or blurr, but when I look up the requirements...

SteveW68
Listener

My device appears to have the requirements for virtual backgrounds or blurr but Zoom tells me it doesn't. I looked them up. What can I do now?

9 REPLIES 9

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @SteveW68 

Well, can you provide your system specifications, so that we can double-check that you meet the system requirements for Virtual Background? 

D_roy
Listener

I have the same problem and says doesnt support virtual background.  I have HP laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz with 4 GB Mem/ 500GB HDD , x64 processing

Can anyone help to fix this??

Bort

Your processor is what is not meeting the system requirements. Your processor is a 2nd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. The virtual background system requirements state you must have at least a 3rd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. 

I get the same error and my processor meets the requirement

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Cores(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

Any idea why it wouldn't work?

Bort

Your processor is also a 2nd Generation (the 2 in i7-2600 model is the generation), so it does not meet the requirements for image without a green screen as listed. You should be able to use the virtual background with a green screen option though. 

My Lenovo laptop is Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 5405U @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz and I can only use virtual background with green screen. Why?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zoomuser15 it seems the 5405U is different from the i3, i5, and i7 processor names, even though your 5405U has 2 cores. I am assuming that because your processor is not an 'i' series processor series that this 5405U is not supported according to our Zoom Virtual Background system requirements

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SteveW68 it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! Just need specs of your device to ensure you meet the requirements from our KB on  virtual background system requirements

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

DHV101
Listener

Hi Steve,

Mine is Intel(R) Pentium(R) Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz; and I am experiecing same problem...any reason why?