cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says my device does not support virtual backgrounds or blurr, but when I look up the requirements...

SteveW68
Listener

My device appears to have the requirements for virtual backgrounds or blurr but Zoom tells me it doesn't. I looked them up. What can I do now?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Your processor is what is not meeting the system requirements. Your processor is a 2nd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. The virtual background system requirements state you must have at least a 3rd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. 

View solution in original post

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SteveW68 it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! Just need specs of your device to ensure you meet the requirements from our KB on  virtual background system requirements

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40

Bort

Hi @SteveW68 

Well, can you provide your system specifications, so that we can double-check that you meet the system requirements for Virtual Background? 

D_roy
Listener

I have the same problem and says doesnt support virtual background.  I have HP laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2540M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz with 4 GB Mem/ 500GB HDD , x64 processing

Can anyone help to fix this??

Bort

Your processor is what is not meeting the system requirements. Your processor is a 2nd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. The virtual background system requirements state you must have at least a 3rd generation i5 processor with 2 cores. 

I get the same error and my processor meets the requirement

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Cores(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

Any idea why it wouldn't work?

Bort

Your processor is also a 2nd Generation (the 2 in i7-2600 model is the generation), so it does not meet the requirements for image without a green screen as listed. You should be able to use the virtual background with a green screen option though. 

But,my processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
But zoom says your device does not support virtual background.
How do I solve this?
I also enable virtual background setting.

Bort

Hi @SAWeh 

Your processor does not meet the system requirements for virtual background, as your processor is a 3rd generation i3, and Zoom virtual background requires a 5th generation or higher i3. 

My Lenovo laptop is Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 5405U @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz and I can only use virtual background with green screen. Why?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @zoomuser15 it seems the 5405U is different from the i3, i5, and i7 processor names, even though your 5405U has 2 cores. I am assuming that because your processor is not an 'i' series processor series that this 5405U is not supported according to our Zoom Virtual Background system requirements

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hmm, ok. Thank you.

Zoom is telling me the same thing, that my device does not support virtual backgrounds, but I have a brand new laptop and it was working fine till I just did a Microsoft update and then Zoom did an update the next time I opened the app. 

This isn't right, I have been running virtual backgrounds without a green screen on my little HP Stream 11" for the past 8 months, now on my new laptop I can't run them.  It's absolutely ridiculous, there is no reason at all why this has to be like this.  Slight update to the program and all this issue goes away.  If a £150 Notebook size laptop can do it then all of the systems I can see in this chat can.  I have removed and reinstalled 4 times and Zoom still allows me to use the Blurring and Virtual Backgrounds lol

My HP Stream 11 doesn't have anywhere near that kind of power and runs it easily, so how can you say it needs that.  What is Zoom trying to accomplish here.  Why has the bar been set so high when it really doesn't need to be???

Hi.  I hope you can shed light on this.  I'm not very technical.  You say minimum I5 with 2 cores.  Here is what is next to my PROCESSOR in SETTINGS.     AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz.....................     I don't see anything about cores or I5?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Hello there,
I am having the same trouble,  does my PC meets the requirements ?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SteveW68 it's been some time since you've posted this discussion! Just need specs of your device to ensure you meet the requirements from our KB on  virtual background system requirements

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I just started using my desktop as my 'advanced gen laptop' was struggling to cope with Zoom audio. 

My desktop with  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz and 16GB Ram is said to not meet Zoom requirements.    https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/sku/52213/intel-core-i72600-processor-8m-cache-u... 

My kids play a whole range of games including Call of Duty, Cyberpunk 2077, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Rainbow 6 Seige (R6), and World of Warcraft Shadowlands, yet I cannot use a Zoom virtual background.  Is the bar set too high for Zoom ? 

I want to purchase a new computer just for Zoom, and I want to use a blurred background without a green screen, and I'm looking not to spend too much.  I'm attaching my specs for one that I'm looking.  Does this fit the specification which I would need?

BrandDell
SeriesDell Latitude 7280 Laptop
Screen Size12.5 Inches
ColorBlack
Hard Disk Size512 GB
CPU ModelCore i5
Ram Memory Installed Size16 GB
Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro
Card DescriptionIntegrated
Graphics CoprocessorIntel HD Graphics
 See more

About this item

• ★【 PROCESSOR 】 Intel Core i5-6300U (Dual Core, up to 2.8GHz, 4MB Cache, 6W)
  • ★【 SPECIFICATIONS 】16 GB DDR4 Memory / 512 GB M.2 Solid State Drive for very Fast Performance and boot within seconds.
  • ★【 ABOUT THIS ITEM 】 12.5 Inch HD (1366 x 768) Non-Touch, Web Camera on the front, Headphone, Intel HD Graphics, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth, HDMI, USB 3.0, Type C Port, SD Card Reader, Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit)
  • ★【MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 LATEST RELEASE】 A brand new installation of the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System, free of bloatware commonly installed from other manufacturers.
  • ★【CUSTOM TAILORED FOR A SECURE START】 Configured to tackle all the most commonly needed tasks right out of the box. NO Dell Warranty All Renewed computers are backed by a 90-day seller Refurbished warranty. See more product details

DHV101
Listener

Hi Steve,

Mine is Intel(R) Pentium(R) Gold 7505 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz; and I am experiecing same problem...any reason why?

eleanorgrace
Listener

Hi @Bort and @RN ,

I get the same issue.  Here's my computer specs:

AMD A8-9600 RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G  3.10 GHz with 8GB RAM.

What could be the other reason?  Appreciate your comments or recommendations.

Thanks,

Eleanor

Bort

Hi @eleanorgrace 

As far as I can tell, the specs for the AMD A8-9600 Radeon R7 show only 4 cores, which is not sufficient  for image without a green screen or blurred background. 

Thanks @Bort for the reply.

Appreciate it.  

Hi Bort,

So if I'm reading your comments correctly, my computer/gpu (which can run ridiculously high resolution 3D games) isn't powerful enough to run a zoom virtual background?  Would you mind telling your folks to figure that out?  It's crazy to have to buy a new processor/GPU so I can have a virtual background with zoom...

Bort

Hi @Scott5150 

I hear ya, its a weird set of system requirements, but that is how the system has been built and checks hardware. I'll pass along your feedback. 

The requirements clearly have nothing to do with a CPU's performances or features, as many people have already given examples demonstrating. The code that's checking whitelisted CPUs should be deleted. Chrome browsers don't check that you have the right CPU model before letting you enable visual effects and neither should Zoom or any other piece of software. Zoom is pretending that there's some secret sauce that only certain CPU models have that even more powerful CPUs don't have. Total nonsense.

AKate
Listener

Hi @Bort and @RN 

My system is  AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 2300U w/ Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00 GHz.

I am assuming it doesn't work for Image Only without Green Screen but it works for  image only with green screen.  

For Video Background without green screen, it looks like it's listed but I can't select any of those.  Did I misinterpret the requirements? 

Kate 

Franswahili
Listener

Mine is also saying not supported.   Here are my specs:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) G5905T CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.20 GHz

Bort

Hi @Franswahili 

Unfortunately, the Celeron line of Intel processors all seem to be below the system requirements for virtual backgrounds. Intel processors are supported from the Intel Core i3 product line and higher. 

No they ain't, you yourself have said it must me i5 and above

jskees9
Listener

Hello! I am getting the same error. However, I have an i5 processor. Here are my specs

2.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

Its a Late 2013 Macbook running 10.15

mweaver289
Listener

Hello.  I have the following processor etc. and it is not allowing me to do a virtual background.

AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.8 GHz (0 processors)

PC Laptop-DEQGNG87

Windows 10 Home

OS Build 14393.2214

RAM 8.00 GB

64-Bit

Please let me know why it will not allow the virtual background.  Thanks.

efraguzskmx
Listener

Where are the zoom developers? 

They should fix these issues! 
It does not make sense; I can use my laptop for full resolution gaming but not for zoom??? Seriously!?

Here are the spect of my laptop.
Processor
1x AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor(AMDRyzen3 2200U)
Memory
1x 8 GB DDR4-2400
1x 4 GBDDR42400
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 
Hard Drive
1xTB SSD
Wireless Network
1x Bluetooth® 4.1; Lenovo Wireless AC
Ports
1x Combo Audio Jack; 1 USB 3.1(Type C); 2 USB 3.0; 4-in-1 SD-Card Reader (SD
MMC
SDHC
SDXC); HDMI 2.0
Camera
1x 720P
Graphics
1x Integrated AMD
Monitor
15.6 1366x768

Hey @efraguzskmx your CPU is a Ryzen 3 which is equivalent to an intel 3 processor which is not supported; therefore, you will need (in your case) a Ryzen 5,7 or Intel i5, i7.

Please see the Knowledge Base Article on Zoom Virtual Background system requirements for more info. Thanks!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

So why does a HP Stream 11 run the Virtual Backgrounds then??? Nowhere near the processing or graphics power of that system but it runs it. Easily.  How does that work????

lmk1
Listener

Help.  I have the same problem; says my computer does not support virtual backgrounds.  Processor is AMD Ryzen 3 2200GE with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.20 GHz.  I don't know a lot about computer; is that not enough?

ao915
Listener

This is insane.  There are threads on this topic literally going back years and Zoom just expects us to solve the problem ourselves--a problem that Teams doesn't have, as you know.  Apparently the only solution is for me to buy a new laptop just for the "privilege" of accessing all the features of Zoom.  Or I can paint my walls green so I have a "green screen."  Please don't refer me to the page with the system requirements--the processors for just about every laptop I've looked at either aren't on your list at all or the numbering system is different. How am I supposed to know what's equivalent?  For example what the *** is an Intel Processor N200, to name just one of several I've come across that aren't on your list.   Since they're not does that mean they won't work? Even if they were just introduced a few months ago? How am I supposed to know what--if anything--is equivalent?  I can't believe I have to buy a new laptop, try it out and hope that it works, and then return it if it doesn't.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ao915 welcome to the community, and I'm sorry you're having trouble using Virtual Background without a green screen. Is the device on which you're attempting to run Zoom powered by an Intel Processor N200?

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

mines an n95 with 16gb ram. A literal mini gaming pc that handles all games. But it won't allow me to use a background without a green screen?

gemrides
Listener

Hey there, I have a Dell latitude 7320 with an 11th generation Intel Core I7-1185G7 at 3.00 gigahertz with 16 gigs of ram. Why won't virtual backgrounds work for this computer?