cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Saving video position

Malek12
Listener

Hello, I use a zoomable and movable camera for my zoom meetings. Before starting a meeting I always adjust the camera to the perfect fit for my room and everything works fine. My problem begins when I stop the camera/video during the meeting (lunchbreak or attaching children šŸ˜„!). After starting the camera/video again the position/zoom of the camera is lost and must be set completely new. Is there any chance to save position/zoom? Remember, it is just after stopping video not stopping the meeting. Thank you....

2 REPLIES 2

ToastmasterJohn
Listener

This is not a zoom issue, it is the way your camera works. When zoom starts using the camera, it is resetting back to its default. Unless you can change the defualt setting at the camera end you will be stuck with this.

John Drinkwater
Webinar Manager for Toastmasters in UK
Independent Teacher and Trainer for Zoom Meetings and Webinars

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I believe @ToastmasterJohn is correct. The desktop client isn't typically connected to such a nice camera and isn't designed to handle PTZ and presets. The camera is resetting itself to its default position. If you were to use that camera with a Zoom Room, you can set presets on the controller, so that you can quickly bring the camera back to the specific focus and position you want.