cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving meeting chats to cloud

nicole_d
Listener

Hi, 

I would like to know how to save zoom meeting chat transcripts to the cloud storage (like the recordings get stored).

I have only only managed to get the chat to save to the hosts physical hard drive. It never comes up under cloud recordings.

The meetings are high school classes- so we need the chats centrally stored.

ps. Can this only be done with the owner's user login? As I have only tried with member user login.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @nicole_d 

Yes, there is a specific setting available with other cloud recording options: Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar.

When this option is enabled, a chat transcript of all public messages will be saved with the cloud recording. This article has more info: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060316092

Keep in mind, this must be enabled in the cloud recording settings of the host of the meeting, as their settings will be used if a cloud recording is started. If someone is passed host controls in the meeting, this does not matter, as the meeting still originally belongs to the other user who actually scheduled it. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.