cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save closed caption transcript as host

koverton
Listener

Hello - I have a business Zoom account and am trying to access the written transcript of the closed captions. I can download the closed caption file but when I open it it comes up to say I dont have an app associated to perform the function.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

OK, so I'm attaching a screen shot of the files from a virtual training I hosted yesterday.

Notice the 2 files I've circled, the Audio Transcript and Closed Captioning. (transcript vs caption.jpg)

The Closed Captioning just lists the time stamp and the text of what was said.  The Audio Transcript lists that and the name of the person speaking at the time.  It also is a .vtt and opens in Notepad.

Check your user settings for Closed Captions, make sure those are on.  (zoom transcription.jpg) I just have everything turned on, but I'm only using live transcription, not any third party providers.

Also, in my Cloud recording settings, I have "Audio transcript" checked.  I think you need that as well. (audio transcript cloud recording.jpg)  When I mouse over over the question in the circle, the message reads "Automatically transcribe the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud."

I don't know if I need all these things saved and checked, but I have them, and things work for me this way.

-KJH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kjhartma

What's the file format?  If it's something like .srt or .vtt, you should be able to open it using Notepad.

Thanks - you've helped me get a step closer!

It is a VTT file and I've been able to open through notepad but instead of tracking the person who spoke it comes up with a time stamp.

Any thoughts?

kjhartma

OK, so I'm attaching a screen shot of the files from a virtual training I hosted yesterday.

Notice the 2 files I've circled, the Audio Transcript and Closed Captioning. (transcript vs caption.jpg)

The Closed Captioning just lists the time stamp and the text of what was said.  The Audio Transcript lists that and the name of the person speaking at the time.  It also is a .vtt and opens in Notepad.

Check your user settings for Closed Captions, make sure those are on.  (zoom transcription.jpg) I just have everything turned on, but I'm only using live transcription, not any third party providers.

Also, in my Cloud recording settings, I have "Audio transcript" checked.  I think you need that as well. (audio transcript cloud recording.jpg)  When I mouse over over the question in the circle, the message reads "Automatically transcribe the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud."

I don't know if I need all these things saved and checked, but I have them, and things work for me this way.

-KJH

thanks so much, it was the "audio transcript" option which needed ticking - you've been super helpful (more so than Zoom's help centre/written guides)

kjhartma

Hey no problem.  I've also found some of Zoom's help docs to leave me with more questions than answers at times.  I just do a lot of experimenting on my own to see how things work.