cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Video order v5.9.0

MikeGDTE
Listener

In this new version I should be able to Save Video Order in a modified Gallery View.   As per:

Saving a custom gallery view order

1. Start a meeting as the host. 
  2. Set a custom gallery order for your meeting
  3. Click View

4. Click Save Video Order. This custom gallery view will be saved and be available for other meetings in this series. 

Notes:

• Only one custom gallery view order can be saved for each meeting series. 
  • Arrangements can be updated and saved again, which replaces the existing arrangement with the new. 

Loading a custom gallery view order

1. Start a meeting as the host. 
  2. Click View

3. Click Load Video Order.

The underlined menu options do not appear in the Vie Menu.

I have enabled the feature in the online settings.

It may be that as I use a Personal Meeting ID that this feature does not work, but the guidance on the help page does not state this.

Anyone else tried this??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @MikeGDTE Article has been updated with additional information, in particular that the meeting must: 

• Be a meeting with a random ID, ie not a PMI meeting
  • Require users to authenticate, as their profile info is how their arrangement is saved.

I was able to get this to finally work with these additional tweaks. 

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Note: the option "Allow host to save video order" is ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WEB INTERFACE -- NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DESKTOP APP IN 5.9.0 or 5.9.1!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @MikeGDTE, I just did some testing and got feedback from this feature's developer. Going to confirm a few things and then update the support article with additional information. 

Bort

Hi @MikeGDTE Article has been updated with additional information, in particular that the meeting must: 

• Be a meeting with a random ID, ie not a PMI meeting
  • Require users to authenticate, as their profile info is how their arrangement is saved.

I was able to get this to finally work with these additional tweaks. 

Hi Bort

Sadly I am unable to get this to work.  We have two Pro user accounts, and both are using a random Meeding ID.  We start a meeting, change order of the video feeds and then impose the host layout.  Layout are confirmed - but the Save and Load controls do not display in the View Menu.

The only thing I can think is an issue is 'authentication'.  I cannot find any guidance on how to authenticate users - can you please help?

Regards

Mike

Bort

First thing, you need to make sure that you require authentication when you are scheduling your meeting.  Once this option is enabled, you will see a new option when scheduling to allow the host to save the gallery view order. 

This will require your participants to sign-in to a Zoom account before they can join the meeting. This is necessary because their Zoom profile is how the system keeps track of who goes where in the gallery view you save. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

incusmalleus
Listener

Hi @Bort 

I've enabled Save Gallery View on the Account settings  and followed your suggestions. But I still can't get it to work. Can you share some screenshots on how it's supposed to look like?

Thanks

This is what I have found - but I can't be 100% sure that I changed a critical online setting in what was several hours of trial and error.  I have back-trached all settings and the only one that makes a difference is documented beblow

The Save Video Order as found in v5.9.0 and later is a feature allows the meeting Host to save an imposed video frame order so that it can be loaded at subsequent meeting of the same meeting ID (i.e. within a series of scheduled meetings). If any original participants are missing from a recurring meeting their video frame will display their screen name only.

The controls for this feature are buried in the drop-down View options menu in a live meeting with at least one other participant.

The path to using this feature is strewn with several obstacles & the first is to ensure you have enabled the ‘Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars’ security option in the Host’s Zoom account settings in the Zoom online portal. Accordingly participants must have a registered Enterprise, Business, Pro or Basic Zoom account to be able to join any meeting whilst this setting is switched on.

The feature can only be used in Scheduled Meetings & only when the Meeting ID is automatically generated rather than set to a Personal Meeting ID (PMI). The Meeting ID becomes a unique reference point that links meetings to video order data.

Once the Host imposes a custom gallery view video order Participants cannot change the order of video feed frames on their Zoom device.  The order can then be saved by the Host & using the Save Video Order control located in the View menu.

Using the Load Video Order control in subsequent meetings, in the same series, restores the saved custom view. One custom view can be saved for each meeting series (by meeting ID), & if re-saved the earlier version is then replaced.

The feature can also be used by the Host without imposing a custom video order on participants.  In this case the Hosts own video order can be saved & then restored, at will, during any subsequent meeting in the same series of recurring meetings.

When scheduling a meeting, under options there's a tick box for Allow host to save video order.

Ray_Harwood

Note: the option "Allow host to save video order" is ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WEB INTERFACE -- NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DESKTOP APP IN 5.9.0 or 5.9.1!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray

Thanks for your post, and I agree that this setting must be made otherwise the feature will not work.  I have added this to my guide notes for my Zoom group.

Regards

Mike