cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart monitor M7

HopefulUSA
Listener

I purchased a Samsung smart monitor (M7).  The Samsung rep told me I could do Zoom meetings with the monitor and accessory camera by logging onto the internet function of the smart monitor.   (I have the chat conversation with the rep saved. )  I spent hours with Samsung tech support, it doesn't seem that I can access the camera in Zoom.  The camera only seems to work with Google Meet, so the camera is not broken.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Is Samsung blocking Zoom in favor of Google Meet?  On Zoom, I get an error that the camera is being used by another app.  I gave Samsung tech support remote access to my monitor, and they couldn't fix it.   I can't delete the Google Meet app as Samsung has blocked that action.  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Narendra_2695
Listener

Same thing happen with me

Kirkdonn
Listener

Yep, as far as I can tell, the built-in camera only works with Google Meet. Looks like we'll have to buy a separate camera for Zoom. Boo. 

Narendra_2695
Listener

first of all zoom app itself not available with Tizen OS( Samsung M7)

Helenearth
Listener

I am experiencing the same problem. Pretty frustrating since Zoom is one of the top online meeting apps. I attend meetings that I am invited to which so far has not been "ConnecTime" or "Google Meet". I am not creating the meetings I attend. It's a real disappointment that I am not able to use the camera that came with my Smart TV/monitor for Zoom meetings. 

Kirkdonn
Listener

I ended up removing the original camera and replacing it with a Lumen, which works perfectly with the monitor and Zoom. But I hadn't anticipated the additional expense -- around $175 for a really good camera. If the Samsung rep I purchased the monitor from would have told me its camera is incompatible with Zoom, I probably wouldn't have bought the monitor. 

Kirkdonn are you suggesting purchasing a new camera (preferably a Lumen) will fix the Zoom connection problem? Are you suggesting it's a camera connection incompatibility problem that is preventing the Samsung monitors to work with Zoom? So far I have ONLY been able to use "Continuity" using my iPhone or iPad's camera (mirroring from my phone or tablets camera view and displaying the Samsung monitor... I would prefer to use the Samsung TV/Monitor's camera that came with the monitor in the box. If replacing the camera will fix the problem I'd love to hear you confirming that. 

Yes, you'll have to buy another camera, as far as I can tell, to activate Zoom on the monitor. Again, I've purchased a Lumen and it works beautifully. Less expensive cameras that will work are several in the Logitech line—try the C922 ProCam. Cheers, K .