cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra wideangle front camera in zoom meetings? Please help!

keldpetersen
Listener

Hello, 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra that I want to use for zoom meetings. 

Most is great, but one thing is sorely missing, and I wonder if I am simply overlooking something. 

I have two front cameras. A "standard camera" and a "wideangle camera". 

Now, when I am in a zoom meeting, I can only choose one front camera, the standard one. 

I really want/need to use that other wideangle camera, but I see no way to choose it. 

I can also only pick one of the three lenses on the back of the tablet. 

Is there any way I can add these cameras to my zoom app so I can choose them in my meetings?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. 

🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it: Do a pinch-zoom on the tablet screen.

With this you can zoom-in your video and remove all of the unwanted surroundings and the weirdo fish bowl effect.

I am extremely surprised that the Zoom support representative was unaware of this.

Problem resolved.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

DKang
Listener

How many participants can you see in gallery view? Still 4?

molivo
Listener

I've been wondering the same thing! I've been researching online but haven't found anything. Do you have any updates on this?

BobZoom
Listener

I have the opposite issue.  My camera only does wide mode and gets way too much of my surroundings.

How do I switch to 4:3 or 1:1 camera mode?

Same! It just switched to wide angle only - never had this problem before, and I can't seem to find a fix or a setting to change it back to the regular camera. Looks super weird... I THINK it has to do with the brand new major software update from Samsung (parallel with Android 12L). I just downloaded it today.

Please let me know if you find a fix.

My problem started with the update as well.

I tried changing the settings within the camera app, but it did not carry over into Zoom.

Please let me know if you find a fix, too.

You can submit a support ticket here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you submit a support ticket with Zoom, which I think you should, you may reference my existing support ticket:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/15323780

You can submit a feature request here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/feed

Feel free to reference my support request which contains extensive detail, here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/15323780

Best,

Bob

I got it: Do a pinch-zoom on the tablet screen.

With this you can zoom-in your video and remove all of the unwanted surroundings and the weirdo fish bowl effect.

I am extremely surprised that the Zoom support representative was unaware of this.

Problem resolved.

Thanks! Lifesaver. I have many meetings each week and I was about to go buy an external webcam. I have a Samsung S8+ and it still worked; I had to be really intentional with the pinch/spread/zoom for it to work. Really appreciate you following up.

Hey there. When I pinch-zoom closer, the camera doesn't change and it's still using the ultra wide camera which has bad quality 😞 any ideas? 

The video is bad.

And the audio quality is garbage too.  I use an external microphone to address that problem.

This is all really unfortunate as I bought this table just for zoom meetings.  Such a waste.

This does not solve the issue for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8. When I do a pinch-zoom, it just zooms from the wide angle camera. It does not switch to the regular camera with better quality. Please help.

prashanthr
Listener

The same issue persists on Samsung tab S9 Ultra too. Pinch in and out merely crops the wide angle camera image and does not switch to the srandard camera itself. Hence there is degradation in quality of the video. It will be helpful if they are able to give a choice to switch between the fron facing standard and wide angle cameras.

Thanks  

BobZoom
Listener

I have noticed that Google Meet uses the standard camera, which is great.

Not sure why Zoom has it backwards.