cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Virtual Backround Problem

hbudak
Listener

Hi,

I have a lot of Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. I cannot find "Virtual Backround" option on Zoom App.

I've checked the requirements of the Virtual Backround, and there it seem matched it's configuration except GPU CPU. (Reference Link : https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Virtual-Background-in-Android/m-p/2356#M6446)

But we have a lot of machine and it is an important feature for us. Is there any possibilities to get this feature? May be next version of Zoom App?

Thank you

Android

• Zoom mobile app, version 5.3.0 or higher : (We use v5.9.1)
  • Android 8.0 or higher (We use v11)
  • arm64 processor (It has 4Core Cortex A73+4Core CortexA53) Total 8 Core arm64  
    • 8 cores or higher 
  • 3GB or higher RAM (It has 4 Gb)
  • GPU
    • Qualcomm Adreno:
      • 540 (Snapdragon 835 / Snapdragon SDM835), or higher than 615 (QCS605 or Snapdragon SDM710)
    • Mali:
      • G series with version G72 or later (It has Mali-G72 MP3, just CPU 9611)
      • CPU must be later than exynos 9810, exynos 990, or kirin 980

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @hbudak,

Virtual backgrounds require quite a bit of processing power by the endpoint.  That is why there is a minimum CPU and GPU  requirement.  If your Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablets do not meet the minimum hardware requirements then you will not have the option for Virtual Background.  This is not just a feature for us to enable on a future release.  Your device must have the "horsepower" to support it.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Are "Motorola Moto G62 5G" and "Samsung Galaxy F23 5G" mobile phones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 and 750G processor respectively supported for Virtual/Blur background feature in Android ?

Sorry but the competitors as Teams and Google Meet can manage backgrounds on any device!

One of the reason not longer to use Zoom in generally - I don't like hardware restrictions for a software! Especially for brand NEW devices like a Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite - for 5 year old devices it could be accepted but nut for that generation of devices!

teefabis
Listener

I am having a terrible time with the virtual background for Mac.  It keeps insisting that I use a green screen.  my Mac fits the requirements, but I just can't get it to work.   I wish I could talk to someone who could walk me through it 

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @teefabis ,

If your Zoom Client will only allow Virtual Background with the use of a Green Screen, then it likely means that your hardware does NOT meet the minimum requirements for no green screen.  Please double check your hardware specs against the list below.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 7.55.20 AM.png

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!