cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Display Name for Multiple Participants

NYSPCC
Listener

For my organization, we hold monthly meetings/trainings for the community. We will set up the meeting on our Zoom which requires registration. Someone can purchase our training through our agency's website and once purchased they receive the registration Zoom link via pre-set-up email. We recently had a person purchase our training for 10 co-workers and the person received the registration link. That person distributed the link to their co-workers and each co-worker registered (with their individual contact information) separately. However, once the meeting started, instead of showing each person's name, it showed the person who originally received the link 10 times. I'm trying to figure out what the issue was. Was it an issue on my end or a Zoom issue? Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JepZoom
Participant

Based on the scenario that you mentioned, it seems that they use similar meeting link.

The registration for your meeting will work link this:

1. Participants need to register for your meeting.
2. After they register, they need to use the meeting link that they will receive when they register. (This meeting link should not be shared, otherwise, they will have the same name.)

So basically, each participant should use the meeting link that they will receive on their email after they register on your meeting and not share the meeting link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JepZoom
Participant

Based on the scenario that you mentioned, it seems that they use similar meeting link.

The registration for your meeting will work link this:

1. Participants need to register for your meeting.
2. After they register, they need to use the meeting link that they will receive when they register. (This meeting link should not be shared, otherwise, they will have the same name.)

So basically, each participant should use the meeting link that they will receive on their email after they register on your meeting and not share the meeting link.

JepZoom
Participant

Just checking if my response solved your concern/question?

Thank you @JepZoom. Your suggestions helped out with our issue. Thanks again!

I have the same issue as NYSPCC. We hold a workshop via Zoom, our participants register, however they are all entering the zoom room based on the link they automatically receive after they register with their own personal information. Then, when they enter the zoom room, everyone's names are all those of the first registrant. What can I do to avoid this?