cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Zoom on CCWGTV ( Google Chromecast with Google TV)

jefflang01
Listener

Has anyone had success running Zoom on the CCWGTV (Google Chromecast with Google TV)

I have my CCWGTV connected to a powered USB-C Hub and have connected a number of webcams. 

I am able to get the Google Duo working with Audio and Video calls. 

I am having inssues with getting Zoom to run with Audio and Video. 

It appears that with Zoom I can get the Video working 2 ways but for the Audio it only works one way.... 

I can hear the audio of anyone else that joins .. but they cannot hear my audio.. 

Strange Duo workes fine but Zoom does not .. 

I also tried TrueConf and it seems to work fine. with audio and video working 2 ways.

Whats up with Zoom.. ????

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jefflang01 thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! In the sake of not recreating the wheel and also giving credit where it is due, I found a video which may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poe--pqZYDU

I'm not able to test myself, unfortunately I don't have the equipment you do, but hopefully this will help you.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thanks for the link.. I tested this out earlier today and then again after you sent the link.

Unfortunately it still is not fully functional..

Zoom does run in the browswer.. I tried both Chrome and Jiopages.

Zoom will run and I can see others video and sound but they cannot hear me. 

I think it is something to do with the way CCGTV uses the Mic in the remote as well as the Mic from the Webcam. 

I have setup my CCGTV wtih a USB-C hub and plugged the Webcam into the USB-C Hub.

Interesting that it works with Google Duo but does not seem to work with the Zoom app or with Zoom running through a browser. 

If anyone has success in makeing Zoom work on this platform please let me know your specific setup. 

Thanks 

I have heard that Zoom is not supported on the CCWGTV / Android platform but just wondering if anyone has had any success with Running Zoom