cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse same link for multiple meetings

KazuT
Listener

I have multiple meetings with the same group of people at various times. For simplicity, they would like me to give them one URL they can use for all the meetings.

What's the best way to do that? Can they use my Personal Meeting ID under Profile / Meeting?

15 REPLIES 15

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi KazuT

The solution would be creating recurring meeting.

Zoom allows you to schedule meetings with multiple occurrences so that each occurrence uses the same meeting ID and settings. You can schedule these meetings in daily, weekly, and monthly increments. You can also set a recurring meeting to be used at any time. 

Scheduling a recurring meeting

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Follow the steps to schedule a meeting.
  3. Make sure the Recurring meeting option is selected.
  4. In the Calendar, choose which calendar you want to save the meeting to.
  5. Click Save to open the calendar you have selected and set up your recurring meeting.
  6. Follow one of the sections below depending on your calendar selection.

Here an article if you use any other device https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214973206-Scheduling-recurring-meetings 

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

The dates do not follow a set weekly/monthly schedule...I create the events in my outlook calendar, and then just want to insert the same zoom link in each.

I'd like to do something similar with Zoom Webinar, but I'm not sure it can be done without a patch. I'm not a pro with Zoom features, but I do host multiple committees that meet inconsistently over several months using Zoom Webinar. Using a recurring date is not possible. I set up each of these committees' meetings individually using the web portal, not the desktop client.

This is the feature I'd love to see: For each committee, I'd like to be able to use the standard "invitation" link for public access over the committee meeting series while keeping the ability to email out personal Webinar (unique link) invitations to Panelists for each meeting. Even better, if Zoom was able to set up full monthly calendar choice options, I'd be able to select all the days & times each committee will meet (like May 8 at 10:00, May 24 at 11:30, June 9 at 5:00, June 27 at 1:00 etc) and use the standard "invitation" link for public access while each Panelist's unique link remained the same for each meeting.

When the comments below is not answed does that mean it is not possible? I have the same problem. A wedensday morning meeting and a monday evening meeting. same people.. dangeraous to spread out more links for confusion

ColinR
Listener

How about using the same zoom link for all meeting to be scheduled with varying groups in the future

You can manage Zoom links for varying groups using Salepager

TutisCW
Listener

this would be a huge step forward for Zoom.  I just want to use zoom to create a link, not to replace my existing calendar system

lmitchell
Listener

It's frustrating because you can't create a reoccurring meeting for the same days of the month but different weeks. For example, I'm trying to schedule a meeting on the first and third Tuesday of each month. There's no way in Zoom to do this, so you would think that we could use the same link for the meetings, but no, not that I can tell. All I see is a solution of scheduling two separate meetings with each having their own individual links. It seems like an easy fix that Zoom could accommodate. I can't be the only person on earth that has a monthly meeting for the first and third Tuesday or whatever day each month.

Just follow my instructions for a meet any time meeting below, and put the link in the calendar invite. 

ka_ci
Listener

edit to say I posted this on the wrong chat, sorry. 

wheatley_crosbi
Listener

Zoom used to allow me to select "recurring meeting" but there was another box to check that said "at no set time." I have maybe a dozen different invitations that I'm still using with that set up. But I can't find it anywhere to use now to set up a new invitation.  Does anyone else remember this feature?   Is there anyway to recreate it?

ka_ci
Listener

Yes, I figured it out. You need to be logged in on the web browser, not on the app on your computer. Then you click schedule meeting, once it opens the meeting scheduler you must click 'recurring meeting' (ignore the date and time for now), then in the Recurrence drop down menu right at the bottom you should see 'No fixed time', tto schedule a 'meet any time' meetingto schedule a 'meet any time' meetinghe date and time will then disappear and it will say 'meet anytime'.  

Thanks for sharing this; worked a treat. Can't believe it was so convoluted as its something I'm sure that many would use.  

gsantos
Listener

I don't have that option... is that dependent on the version of zoom or the type of plan you have?

in order to access this option, you have to do it through the browser, not the Zoom application. 

Once created and indicated "No Fixed Time" you can then see it in the Zoom desktop app - not super intuitive, but it does exist. It only took me 20 minutes of looking around and seeing the interface ka_ci shared above to realize it was within the web browser.