cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving a recording

dj8
Listener

I recently did an interview with a high school student. She set up the Zoom call and wanted to return the call but she couldn't figure out how to record.  I told her that I could record if she made me the host of the call.  She did and I hit the record button.  I assume that even though I recorded the call, the copy of the recording would be saved to the student's account.  Is that correct?  

3 REPLIES 3

Happytohelp123
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@dj8  Thanks for writing in! Can you recall if you selected to record as a local recording or a cloud recording?

I just hit the record button at the bottom of the screen.  It didn't give me an option of a local or cloud recording. Thanks for your help. 

Mok

@dj8 If it was a cloud recording, it will be saved to the student's account. If it was a local recording, it will be saved to your pc.

Anyway, both of you can double-check from the Zoom web portal under Personal > Recordings > Cloud Recordings / Local Recordings.

If this has answered or helped find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.
Cheers!