cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreive recording of previous session which was not saved to the cloud

sschwell
Listener

I set the session to be recorded on my iphone, not realizing that that would not work. I did not set the session to be recorded to the cloud. Is there any way to get a recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@sschwell Unfortunately if this wasn't cloud recorded or locally recorded to a desktop/laptop there is no way to retrieve a recording as one was never done. 
Zoom does not record meetings either locally or via the cloud without these being set in the meeting settings or initiated in meeting. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL

@sschwell Unfortunately if this wasn't cloud recorded or locally recorded to a desktop/laptop there is no way to retrieve a recording as one was never done. 
Zoom does not record meetings either locally or via the cloud without these being set in the meeting settings or initiated in meeting. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Hi,

I was invited to a meeting, she did something to allow me to record.   I have zoom on my tablet, I have been able to select record to cloud, the record icon was activated.  I thought it was being saved to my cloud, I wasn’t there…on the web I saw it was saved on the zoom cloud…But I don’t have a plan with zoom…So I was wondering if the recording was somewhere…If I’m doing an update to a plan could that allow me to retreive that video?…Or if it was lost for ever?  If so…I personnaly think that being allow to register, having the icon that make you believe that you record but it doesn’t really does…It…is…really incorrect!

Bort

Hi @Anouk_T 

When you record a meeting to the cloud, the recording is always saved to the actual meeting host's account, regardless of who actually started the recording. You would need to check with the meeting host to get access to that recording. 

If you were connected to the meeting on your desktop computer and were given permission to record, then you could have potentially recorded locally to your computer and have the copy on your device directly.